Thread: HIGHLY recommended and a must see!

HIGHLY recommended and a must see!

I had an early appt. at the VA in Tampa yesterday. Afterwards, we stayed in Tampa and hit the movie theater. Here are the reviews:

1) The Counselor ... pretty much sucked. One of those endings where everyone in the theater looked at each other in silence with one thought in mind ... "Is it over???" The movie was a bit on the sucky side anyway, but at the end, the screen just went blank and the credits started rolling. I have no clue what that was all about. Don't waste your time.

2) Gravity ... we saw this in 3D (we have our own glasses). The photography and special effects were top notch and I enjoyed that quite a bit, BUT ... that was it. The story line was one step below ridiculous. Typical Hollywood stupidity. I won't ruin it for you any further.

3) Last Vegas ... this is a MUST see!!!! I laughed so hard I went through every napkin and tissue in Lynn's purse wiping the tears out of my eyes ... then I started working on my shirt sleeves! To add even more to the experience, a group of VERY ... VERY close Army buddies and I are planning a reunion this coming May and all I could think about during this movie was ... THAT'S US! I had one of our names attached to each character. BUT ... you do NOT need this type of personal experience to enjoy the movie ... it's just plain good and FUNNY! Prepare to laugh your ass off ... and that's all I'm gonna say! Definitely two thumbs up ... and I'd give it more if I had any more thumbs.

4) We planned to see The Starving Games (we already saw the Hunger Games) and were looking forward to the sequel ... but we got a late start due to my Dr. appt. and we'll be spending the day with friends today and are getting an early start, so we nixed the 4th movie and came home.

Bottom line? If you didn't get the hint ... if you could use a good laugh ... GO SEE LAST VEGAS ASAP!!!

Administrator
    I don't think you did Gravity justice. While your review was spot on (the plot was ridiculous), the effects were abso-freaking-lutely amazing. It was worth it just to see the spectacle. I saw it in IMAX 3D and highly recommend it, if not strictly for the intense imagery.

--Foo
    Last edited by FooBang; 11-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FooBang View Post
    I don't think you did Gravity justice. While your review was spot on (the plot was ridiculous), the effects were abso-freaking-lutely amazing. It was worth it just to see the spectacle. I saw it in IMAX 3D and highly recommend it, if not strictly for the intense imagery.

--Foo
    Ummmm, I "think" I said persactly what YOU said. (???)

The story line was one step below ridiculous. Typical Hollywood stupidity.
    ... we saw this in 3D ... The photography and special effects were top notch and I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Siskel and Ebery!

Foo and Thump!

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Siskel and Ebery!

Foo and Thump!
    Ebery???

Jeff Clark and Ticboy!

(figuring THAT out should separate the "newbies" from the OLD farts around here!)

Especially since I will invite you to get a stool.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Administrator
    Sorry... Don't get the Jeff Clark reference.. I guess I am a newbie. Only been hanging since August, 2005.

--Foo

Man! You're just a youngster!

Jeff had a bit of a .... well ... let's just say he had a problem with spelling! Gabby (his wife at the time) said it was from all the lead paint chips he ate as a kid.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Gonna go see Last Vegas this weekend.......

Last Vegas - Official Trailer...>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMnr-R7BkkU