Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance Rant

The only thing I'll add is that there was no way ANY reform of health care was going to be adopted unless it was railroaded through the process. If people don't like that, screw 'em. Stop being so obstructionist and the railroad jobs from both sides of the aisle will be reduced. ACA is the unfortunate child born of the political climate in our country. Do you remember Clinton's attempt at health care reform? It contained many of the reforms that are now being suggested by the Mayo Clinic and such. I'm not saying it was perfect or even a good plan. What I am saying is that the conservative side was so obstructionist, and largely aided by the insurance industry lobby, that any reform was DOA. Thus we have the railroaded through piece of shit we have today.

BKB

The saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is all I'm going to say....
    This is what you get when you do....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    It is a good point Barry.

But there are some battles that are fought with the full knowledge that you are going to lose. Sometimes those are the battles most worth fighting. And often they lead to bigger victories down the road. I think was one of those times and I said so from the outset. The trouble was that we have a president who did not believe in the fight from the beginning. I know that many liberals and moderates are loath to admit it but I really do think that this is what he believes in.

At some point I think it is a lot like Bill Parcells said "You are what your record says you are."

Will

And that's where we fundamentally disagree. The health care system is WAY broken. And no, we don't have the best health care in the world. Not even close.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    And that's where we fundamentally disagree. The health care system is WAY broken. And no, we don't have the best health care in the world. Not even close.

BKB
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    It is a good point Barry.

But there are some battles that are fought with the full knowledge that you are going to lose. Sometimes those are the battles most worth fighting. And often they lead to bigger victories down the road. I think was one of those times and I said so from the outset. The trouble was that we have a president who did not believe in the fight from the beginning. I know that many liberals and moderates are loath to admit it but I really do think that this is what he believes in.

At some point I think it is a lot like Bill Parcells said "You are what your record says you are."

Will
    There doesn't appear to be any art left in politics any more. Nor is there any patience with or belief in the process. That may be the thing most responsible for the current climate. Compromise that brings some progress is viewed as a compromise of one's ethical beliefs. and why compromise at all when there's little or no value in it at the polls next election?

There will be a time, I don't know when, when Republicans hold a majority in both the house and senate and possibly sit in the Oval office at the same time. then ACA will be repealed. and there will be a time again when Democrats hold those same positions and heaven knows what we'll get then. It doesn't have to be that way, but if the people on this site are any example at all of the constituencies, I don't see anything else happening. and that is a sad state of affairs.

BKB