Thread: End of The World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Captain I truly appreciate the offer and just may do that someday.

Bwana, I'd have to really "need" the meat to shoot a spike or 2 point in Montana. Hope I never "need" it that bad. Honestly, just killing a buck to fill my tag has no real appeal for me anymore. It used to, but that was quite a while ago.

Folks it was more than just a poor season for me. I swear the Hunting Gods conspired against me this year. Every time I'd try to plan a day or two to hunt something major would come up and foil my plans. I've never had a year like it before. Things like health issues, close friends suddenly becoming distant, land owners shutting their places down due to low deer numbers, land owners issues in general, bad weather, work priorities, sports (as in being a dad in that regard), church obligations, family obligations, and the list goes on and on. In short the deer numbers weren't very good, but the only thing more scarce than the deer was time to hunt them. I'm going to actually open up and say it really affected me, and I really don't see a whole lot more big game hunting in my future, some, but nothing like in the past. There are times in a guys life when things just cut too deep to heal or change. This season was one of those times. Not asking for sympathy or even understanding. Just saying a HUGE door in my life has slammed shut. As they say though, when one door closes another opens. Not sure what that will be, but things will never be the same, that much I do know.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 12-02-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Correct wording.