Thread: The start of year 5 and I have no idea when it will end.

The start of year 5 and I have no idea when it will end.

Wednesday ... day before Thanksgiving 2009 ... 1st surgery.
    Thursday ... Thanksgiving Day 2009 ... bleeding internally, needing constant transfusions.
    Friday ... day after Thanksgiving 2009 ... split my chest open again for exploratory and plugged the leak.
    Saturday to middle of January ... all hell broke loose ... 1 1/2 months in ICU ... heart stopped 7 times ... 1 1/2 weeks in a coma, etc. etc. etc.
    Last Wednesday was the 4 year mark ... 10 surgeries ... working on year 5 now ... no clue when this will all be over with.

No matter what ... it's still good to wake up on the top side of the grass!

That is all.

We glad you still here wid'us... Hard to believe its been 4 years already. You've been to hell and back that's for sure. And to think all that could have been avoided if Posthole had sent you'd some Okie-mud... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Congrats buddy.

9 yrs and 4 months since my LAD MI.

I hope the other side of the grass has more deer. Saw my fifth deer, all bucks, in 4 weeks. 4 pt, 2 spikes, and a nubbin.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Hope the 5th year beats the previous 4 for you hands down.

So , I'd say there's some folks around here, myself included, that has LOTS to be thankful for!!!
    Southern Gentleman

I swear I'm going to come down there some day and just grab you up and make you go drink beer and drive dirt roads up in Ocala. Anything to get you outdoors again.

BKB

Way tooo hang in there ya sheep fornicatin swamp vermin! We've all got a few more miles on our bods since the AO days.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Lol, Jim they'll have to knock you in the head on judgment day.

It is good to have you around buddy. Hope you have a long, long life ahead of you yet.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I swear I'm going to come down there some day and just grab you up and make you go drink beer and drive dirt roads up in Ocala. Anything to get you outdoors again.

BKB
    Swing by NOVA and pick me up! We can leave his ass in an unattended garage at night time again.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sorry for what you went/are going through but glad you are still here.

Thanks guys and I also have to let youse dufes know how much you buttheads meant to me during that rough time. When I was coherent enough to understand, Lynn kept me informed of everyone's concerns and best wishes.

Oh, and for you Ticboy ... BITE ME!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    For us it's seems like it went by pretty fast, I"m sure that's not true for you.
    How's that big old nasty wound on your back ? Hope it looks good enough that you can enjoy the beach with the rest of the topless crowd.
    Nice to still have you around.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

A big improvement Bubba ... but it's healing so slowly, I still have a long way to go. Here's what it looked like in June 2012.

backjune2012.jpg

And this is what it looks like today.

backnow1213).jpg

Oooops, sorry 'bout that. Ya' caught me layin' down (took it with my iPhone). That wet/bloody looking area in the center is what still has to heal. At least it's down to one spot now. Most of the pain is from the inside ... when they cut into the muscle tissue that had deteriorated, it HURT!!! (and still does)

You need this guys doctor!

If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.