Thread: hunting season review

hunting season review

I thought i would share my 2013 hunting season with you. First i was lucky enough to draw antelope, deer, and elk in the areas that i was hoping for. First antelope Bryce and i spent a few days looking over many nice antelope until we found one that was "Big enough". He is not as big as last years but having Bryce sitting right next to me made it all worth it. He was so close in fact i had to ask him not to lean on me so i could shoot. As you can see he was super excited and was the first one to get to him.

232323232fp83232_uqcshlukaxroqdfv9737=ot_6784=3_5=348=XROQDF_279_69_;38257ot1lsi[1].jpg

Next was deer. I hunted the first day and pasted on more buck deer then i saw ALL of last year. On third day of season we got about 18 inches of snow. I LOVE to hunt deer in the snow, but once it blew for a day we had some pretty good sized drifts. Dad and I were able to make it into our spot, thank goodness for lockers and boggers. I spotted a deer that i had seen in the summer and during antelope season and knew it was one i wanted. After a mile stock in knee deep snow one shot and i had my deer. He doesn't score very well but was a big framed deer and not very often to you a shot at a 28" forked horn.

232323232fp83232_uqcshlukaxroqdfv_495=ot_6784=3_5=348=XROQDF_279_69_;3_257ot1lsi[1].jpg

Last for me was elk. The snow continued which made it hard to get around once again love lockers and boggers. Joe and i were out on opening day and didn't see anything that i wanted to put my tag on. Second day came around and once again didn't see anything i wanted to shoot that morning. I know it was only the second day but we weregetting frustrated with all the dang 4 wheelers and side by side driving around. So we decided to try a new area and as luck would have it we found this bull right before dark. He is my 2nd largest bull and the heaviest bull i have taken. It took Joe and I 3 hrs to pack him back to the truck. It was a great season for me can't wait until Spring.

232323232fp83232_uqcshlukaxroqdfv8438=ot_6784=3_5=348=XROQDF_279_6_3476257ot1lsi[1].jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    You da' man. Congrats again on a great year. Here's my hunting season report...it opened in October and closed the end of November...nothing happened inbetween. That is all.

This was by far my best hunting season i have had so far. Hope to have many more as the boys get older

Man I'd say. That is a great season.
    Good things happen it people that wear Carolina Blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Some great critters for sure and way cool that your son was with your on the goat hunt. Congrats.

That is awesome and I am jealous - so far all I have is a doe not worthy of any pictures! Got until Jan 4 to find something worthy here in VA, though...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wow! He said through tears.

I hadn't hunted with my dad for a few years so it was my goal to go with him a few times. He was with me when i got my deer and antelope. I was with him when he got his antelope. The people that I get to hunt with make for a GREAT hunting season.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I might add the people that get to hunt with Treyball20 have a pretty darn good time as well. Like you Southerner's say...he's good people.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    A friend of yours is a friend of mine.

Big skyz i had a GREAT time hunting with you hope in the next few years we can chase an antelope around together

Dang! I'm gonna throw all my mounts in the trash!