Thread: Hybrid wolves?

Hybrid wolves?

Have you guys ever heard of hybrid wolves? Just over the state line from us, guys have been killing what the WVDNR calls hybrid wolves. They look like bigger than normal coyotes to me. I've heard of people breeding wolves and dogs for pets but never heard of them in the wild. Trying to post a picture buy can't quite figure out that function.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Only as pets. I did just see down in Botetort somebody killed a 55lb coyote the other day. That's a darn big coyote for around here.

For the picture function, are you accessing the site via the web or a smartphone ap?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I'm sure Bucky has some of them on his hunting lease. He's got lions, hefalumps, bigfoots, and whoosles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    One of the few "wolves" killed in Iowa in recent times was shot in cattle about 20 miles N of me. They sent it in for analysis and found it to be mostly wolf and some domestic. They figured it had been in the wild for most, if not all , its life. It looked for all the world like a wolf - probably 80+ pounds. Then there was the 80 pound coyote killed a couple years ago in MO.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Using the site on my ipad.

Coydogs are pretty common around my parent's farm. My brother, who lives on the farm, has a pet wolf and they come around all the time trying to tempt him out of the yard, as coyotes often do to farm dogs.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wolves weigh 125 lbs. We don't have any.

But.....pearls before swine and all that.