Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty just found a new home somewhere..........

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Duck Dynasty just found a new home somewhere..........

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844242

I'm gonna bet two dollars and a pickled peanut that they are soon on another network. Just an observation, not a comment.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

That's gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl....
    Why ask someone their opinion if you are just going to bitch about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

The networks are driven by money. That's what will be the decider, not how they feel about peter puffers. I'd agree with Bucky, somebody will pick them up in a heartbeat.

BKB

Nothing like trying to "script" a "reality" show.

A&E knew what they were getting, religion and all, when they signed up the Robertson family....so, they shouldn't be too surprised that ole Phil spoke his mind....I imagine ole Phil told his wife, Kaye, "Screw 'em, don't need 'em. Let's go kill a muskrat for supper."....just like he told Martha Stewart, when she invited him to be on her show, "Sorry, honey, I'll be duck hunting."

You gotta appreciate his honesty....money doesn't mean sheeit to Phil....heck, he still lives in a double-wide trailer.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Phil has an opportunity to strike a blow for the Christian here. I hope he tells them to kiss him on his Arkansas Highball and the family backs him up. The homosexual crowd needs to understand, it ain't all about them.

On a technical issue, I'm having to change my password every day to get in
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I'll bet Willy is tearing his hair .. and beard. I'm wondering who thought it was a good idea for Phil to do that interview. They bait interviewees unmercifully just hoping for something like this. You know regardless of what you think about homosexuality.. it's the damned double standard that pisses me off to no end. Gays. Muslims, black racists, movie stars.. they can all say anything they want.. freedom of speech.

Oh and "me too" on the password.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 12-19-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Go Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning, Phil issued a statement in response to A&E....to paraphrase it:

"God loves everyone....God made 'em, so I love 'em, too, regardless of their beliefs or my beliefs."

In a nutshell, I think Phil just said, "I love vaginas....queers can go f--k themselves."
    Southern Gentleman

My bet is that A&E will lift the 'suspension' once they feel the maximum exposure has been reached and that when its been reinstated, Phil and A&E will make an assload of cash out of it and they'll be happy as clams.

BKB

Is the complete interview posted on-line someplace? I watched a news show this morning where they were discussing this mess and they said there was actually MUCH more in the interview that has not been televised ... and it's BIG TIME troubling what was said. They said they can't discuss it on television, so I suppose it can only be read in the actual article.

I could give a squat ... I've tried to watch the show a dozen times, but really can't get into it and become a regular viewer. It's like most "reality" shows ... I really think 95% of it is trumped up for the entertainment value and there's very little "reality" involved.

Thump, they're prolly referring to Phil's reference in the interview, as to """a vagina, being much more desirable than another man's anus."""
    Southern Gentleman

Possibly ... and I sure can't disagree!

Same ole double-standard bullsheeit !!!!

1480613_640252672696888_936345349_n.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

I guess the Nobel Prize is Noble, eh?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

BTW, I fully support A&E's stupid decision to fire him. They can hire and fire whomever they want.

But since Phil is in EVERY episode, even if only at the end, not sure how they can simply ban him only.

Administrator
    You hit the nail on the head! Look how much publicity they're getting. Truth be told, I never heard of Duck Dynasty afore today.

--Foo

Phil Robertson was much more fun when he was making 'Duckmen' duck hunting videos on VHS and biting the heads of crippled ducks to kill them instead of preaching. If A&E thinks he's politically incorrect now.... they should have seen him when he was running with Red Dog and the boys. Jase was just a wierd teenager then and the rest of the clan wasn't heard of. It was a hell of a lot more fun to watch them shooting the shit out of ducks with steel shot through old A5s (wonder how many they ruined?). Duck Dynasty isn't even a show that any duck hunters I know even watch.

BKB

I simply look at it as a "comedy" show. No reality. No hunting. Just a good network comedy. Problem is, I DO think they're funny ... I just can't get "hooked" and very seldom watch.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    I've heard he's a blast to watch but I have to admit I've only seen a few minutes of one episode. Seemed like a fun guy to be around though.

After watching the tv while on the treadmill at the gym and seeing this topic all over the internet I am convinced that I am the only dude in America who doesn't really care. I don't care what some duck hunting hoopee from Louisiana thinks of homosexuals. I don't care what some gay commentator thinks about the remarks by some duck hunting hoopee from Louisiana.

We've got functional illiterate numbers that could make a saint weep. We've got a national debt that laid dollar to dollar could stretch to the moon and back. We've got an out of control banking system that cannot even obey the laws which they themselves write and pay their lapdogs to put into law. An industrial base that has been bludgeoned by so called global trade. Unemployment numbers that calculated in anything resembling honest numbers are right out of the great depression.

And what do we talk about? Miley Cirus' latest peepshow video. Lindsey Lohan's latest plastic surgery debacle. Kanye West's most recent idiotic ramblings. Jessica Simpson's latest rash.....

I hate to sound doomish but I fear the days of this nation being privileged enough to afford this kind of societal masturbation are numbered. The cultural warriors are distracting the nation from important matters and our national dialogue is a damned disgrace.

There.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Will

LOL....one of my nephews put it pretty well when he said the other day that god must have his hand close to the 'CTL-ALT-DET' buttons.

BKB

Administrator
    What's this about Miley Cirus, now? Do tell!

--Foo

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    ~snort~

Wouldn't doubt it a bit. I can hear him right now "Well then find me one man in the city.... "

Will

Who are those people, Will?

Well, now I KNOW he just doubled his hunting clientele!!! And his new network ain't gonna be BET....

I don't care how "vitriolic" (a word no one ever heard of till the PC crowd grew a set) a man's words are. You are offended yourownself. I can NOT offend you. That's up to you. Most of us ignore stupid statements. But some crowds just can't. They want the world to conform to them, right now, and in a hurry.

The Chasm Deepens.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-d...173821415.html

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Will, you forgot that the Masons are the spawn of Satan.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Will, you forgot that the Masons are the spawn of Satan.
    I guess it's my turn to be offended....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Will gets best post of the year... right in under the wire!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I think I'd second that, Len. We need to think of a name for an award. Like the Goober Award or something.

BKB

Administrator
    I don't know what you have against brick layers, Hank...

--Foo