Thread: What a weekend!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

What a weekend!

Celebrated Christmas with the in-laws this past weekend and what a weekend it was…

Christmas night the boys ended up throwing up so I stayed home from work Thursday to help them out and to get last-minute items ready for the swarm that was coming on Friday. Friday, I'm not feeling real great but we have everything just perfect a few hours before the first wave shows up. Shortly after arrival, it is my turn so don't see the rest of the crowd until the next morning. Wife not feeling well either but she pushes on. (What that woman can muscle through leaves me in a whimpering mass)

We do homemade donuts in the garage Saturday morning, pull the kids in sleds behind the ATV in the afternoon, open gifts Saturday evening, and eat WAY too much food all weekend long or at least those who are feeling good do. As usual my wife went WAY above and beyond to make it a special time for everyone. It was great to see everyone and especially fun to see the young cousins all playing so well together too.

All in all the weekend was a great success but having a houseful of 19 people while dealing with a NASTY flubug-type of thing was NOT fun. Sure hope the cans of Lisol and other measures we took keep everyone else from contracting the bug that has overtaken our family as it REALLY sucks.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    It sounds like you made the best of a bad situation. I've been down in Miami and swear a freaking dolphin (we did a "dolphin experience") gave me a head cold. I hate being sick on vacation!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Hey CD, don't think the "dolphin experience" was supposed to be THAT up close and personal. Just sayin'

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well as i can sure relate but at thinking a little sun, sand, shrimp, and sipping might make it feel just a wee bit better. Hope you were able to enjoy most of the trip.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Man. That's awful. I hate feeling bad. Take Zicam, and Vitamin D, and....and...whatever else you can think of!

I envy you. I only got to see 3/5 of the Colorado contingent. Georgia comes Thursday but only for a few days. South Carolina might come later next month. It'd be nice to have 'em all, like it used to be. The older they get, the further away they seem to go, and the harder it is to get together.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Well, I did kiss one and have the picture to prove it. His name was Echo and he's Flipper's (from the TV show) son. As it turns out, Flipper was actually a girl Dolphin.

Lord what has happened?

Len is wrapping and painting his "Rod" and CD is French kiss in' a boy dolphin?

Glad y'all made it through the holidays with that nasty flu Bwana.
    That had to be tough duty!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I saw that too, man.

This place is becoming the place that Thumper always wished it would.................
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Well, I did kiss one and have the picture to prove it. His name was Echo and he's Flipper's (from the TV show) son. As it turns out, Flipper was actually a girl Dolphin.
    Tell me you didn't rub his blowhole.

BKB

Y'all are messed up. It was a purely platonic man kiss. Sort of like when two frenchies meet up or Bro hug. I did learn that dolphins make all their vocalizations through their blow holes and not their mouths which I thought was pretty cool.

I also vocalize through my blowhole from time to time

Wonder if that's where the term "blowhard" came from?