My oldest is going off to college this fall and though excited for him to start a new chapter in his life, the more I think about it the more saddened it makes me as my time with him is about to become more limited. But I digress even if that does play into the question I have.

Anyway, the Mrs. and I have decided to let him decide, within limits, where we go for our family vacation this year. When asked what he wanted to do the first thing that came to his mind was, "shoot a machine gun." I know they have such a place in Vegas but that is a bit of a drive from here and not only that my wife was not very impressed with the place the last time we were there so not keen on going back. The other thing he mentioned was a hog hunt. Of course his ultimate hog hunt would be one of those pucker up and shoot them out of the helicopter kind of things but am thinking he would settle for something less.

Anyone know of anywhere that we could get into either of those types of things without going to Vegas? For that matter, any other great vacation ideas?