Thread: A question

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

A question

My oldest is going off to college this fall and though excited for him to start a new chapter in his life, the more I think about it the more saddened it makes me as my time with him is about to become more limited. But I digress even if that does play into the question I have.

Anyway, the Mrs. and I have decided to let him decide, within limits, where we go for our family vacation this year. When asked what he wanted to do the first thing that came to his mind was, "shoot a machine gun." I know they have such a place in Vegas but that is a bit of a drive from here and not only that my wife was not very impressed with the place the last time we were there so not keen on going back. The other thing he mentioned was a hog hunt. Of course his ultimate hog hunt would be one of those pucker up and shoot them out of the helicopter kind of things but am thinking he would settle for something less.

Anyone know of anywhere that we could get into either of those types of things without going to Vegas? For that matter, any other great vacation ideas?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Call Bubbles!

No, I do not know, sorry.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

They have a big machine gun shoot twice a year up around West Point in Kentucky. If you can make the gun show, it's a great outing. Otherwise, you can rent machine guns from them at the range. (In fact, I wouldn't doubt Bubbles and Hardrock would be there for the shows) I'll try to find their website.

Well, that was easy ... Knob Creek.

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/events...hine-gun-shoot

Well dang! I re-read your post and you mentioned Vegas was a bit far to drive. I guess that would include Kentucky! That's the only place I'm familiar with, but I'm sure there must be others closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    They have a big machine gun shoot twice a year up around West Point in Kentucky. If you can make the gun show, it's a great outing. Otherwise, you can rent machine guns from them at the range. (In fact, I wouldn't doubt Bubbles and Hardrock would be there for the shows) I'll try to find their website.
    Knob Creek is 25 minute from my parents house. It's where we sighted in every deer rifle we owned

Cool place. Neat story behind it too

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    BWANA, I have a friend that was on top shot and shoots competitively. He use to run the range in Tulsa and I sent him a message to see if he knows of any places closer to the Dakotas

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I've done the Vegas thing and it was cool. But, it's also fairly pricey for the amount of shooting you actually get to do.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Here is something else he would like to do and have to admit, so would I but pricey as well.

http://www.driveatank.com/pricing.html

Machine guns? Tanks? Has the boy ever considered joining the military?

Anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line. We all got machine guns and hogs are everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!