Thread: Just came in off the ice..

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar

Just came in off the ice..

Caught a nice mess of crappie and bluegill. Friend of mine called, said he had been out twice and hadn't had a bite. We fixed that. 4 when we started but it warmed up to a balmy 13. Actually, no wind.. it was nice.

Stopped on the way back to run my snares and had a nasty old coyote. Take that you fawn-eatin' s.o.b..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I have yet to get out this year but as usual my father-in-law is out nearly every day. Probably a good thing he lives 125+ miles away or I have a feeling I might be taking more days off this winter.

Y'all are on Crack. I once went fishing in February here when it was so cold we had to break ice to put the boat in. It was just icy around the edges of the lake. Then while we were fishing, about every 4th or 5th cast we would have to put the rod down in the water to melt the ice out of the eyes of the rod. I remember thinking how crazy it was. I caught 2 bass that day one was 10.2 and the other was 10.8. I have them both mounted on one panel at home.
    I would not do it again if I knew I would catch two bigger! Y'all can have the Sheeeeit

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    It's all they have, Cappy. They ain't got a choice, other than to sit and wait till June.

Sad way to live. Just sad, I tell you. *Sniff*

But don't let on how we have likkid water all year.......they'll be moving down here in droves.

OK, wait..........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

It's beyond me how anyone could look at a weather forecast with temps in the single digits and fishing even crosses their mind....
    We get much below freezing here and all I'm studying is how many clothes I'll have to put on to go outside and get firewood!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Our water freezes all the time ... in frigging ICE TRAYS! Ya'll just ain't right.

If you ain't been, then you need to try it before you knock it. Its about the most fun you can have with clothes on.

BKB

Sittin' and fishin' out the window of the truck while keeping warm with a cab full of methane don't count.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    It's a dry cold. If I lived up that way, I'd be all over it.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Posthole, someday we're gonna agree wholeheartedly on sumpin'.

This ain't it!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.