Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well dang! That was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Jerry, is that one on the lower right a Sonic? BKB
    Why don't you read my post numbnutz. It's a "Punkinhead".

And BITE ME Cappy!

Well dang! Ya' just never know. How's that saying go? "One man's trash, is another man's treasure?" I took a walk around the neighborhood last Sunday night and everyone had their trash out for our Monday morning pick-up. I spotted a small box in a neighbor's recycle bin and picked it up. I'm ALWAYS on the look-out for small boxes to mail stuff in, so I grabbed it. Heck, it's a box for a Samsung Galaxy S III cell phone. I brought it home and looked it up ... the dang EMPTY boxes (no accessories or owner's manual, etc) sell for an easy $15 on eBay. I just listed this piece of "trash" tonight. Anybody need one? Sanford & Son ain't got nuttin' on me. Ha!

samsunggalaxybox0101 004.JPG

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Well if you want to do a little more looking, I'll send you these, and we'll split the profit 50/50
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

I could do that if you want Bubba. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of money there, but I'll sure give it a shot. I know what the two bottom lures are and I'm 99.9% sure the top/left one is a Pflueger Globe ... I'm pretty sure the top/right is also a Pflueger but I'll have to research it a bit. 'Course condition is everything with these "collector" lures ... looks like yours may have caught a few fish in their lifetime!

There are some awesome collections out there. At the Jenks Aquarium, there is a whole section of the place that is a fishing tackle museum. I am pretty sure that the museum is made up of one or maybe two collections that have been donated. there is some amazing stuff there if you like to look at old stuff. The first trolling motor, first gas engine, that sort of stuff too. And every type of lure you can imagine and they're pretty much 99% in the original boxes.
    My Uncle Bill was the forst person I knew that actually had a well stocked tackle box and good equipment. I remember him fishing with baitcasters that were like wenches and had thick green dacron line on them. And the lures he had were amazing. All kept in a big metal tacklebox. My cousin (his son) and I were not allowed to go near any of his stuff. We had a pretty poor track record for tearing stuff up I'll have to admit. But we lived in a fishing heaven. His parents had an old gas station/grocery store/house that was like a compound. They had a beauty shop in one outbuilding, an ice house, a lift and tool shed/garage, and a bait building that was a quonset hut made of wire that was covered in honeysuckle vine. Inside were two minnow vats and a fridge where the crawlers were stored. We fished across the highway in Morris Creek and many of our catches were kept alive for a number of days in one of the minnow vats that didn't he didn't have going with bait. We seined ponds for minnows with my Uncle Bill as he hated to pay the prices that the 'minnow man' charged.
    anyway, sorry for the scattershooting, but thinking about that old tackle got me to reminiscing. I miss my Uncle Bill.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Put a "buy it now" price on them Jerry. I *really* don't need anymore "stuff" but...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Put a "buy it now" price on them Jerry. I *really* don't need anymore "stuff" but...
    Uhhh, excuse me ... I'm now his Registered Agent. Any wheeling & dealing will have to be done through me. (I AM working on commission you know!)

Ha! Go for it dude. I love when stuff stays in the "family" here.

Given the subject of the post. I thought we were playing a game where we guessed Lynn's most common praise for Jimmy's sexual prowess.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    OK, give me some help here agent!!
    Better yet HH, give me what you think they're worth, knowing I'm old and on SS and Thumper is an old vet on disability.
    Last edited by jb; 01-02-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    lol.. Nah.. I got to thinking.. you guys will have a lot more fun your way.. and as I mentioned.. I should be selling "stuff" - not buying it.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Well cool! That empty box (above), that I found in the trash, just sold last night. Like I've said before ... you can sell ANYTHING on eBay. One empty box from the trash ... 3 days listed ... another $15 in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Given the subject of the post. I thought we were playing a game where we guessed Lynn's most common praise for Jimmy's sexual prowess.
    Oh, and reading back through these posts ... I forgot one thing. Go get a TALL stool Ticboy!