Thread: And on another note

And on another note

The sistas that are singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Rose Bowl need to be told to just sing it straight. It doesn't need to be gussied up any, its not a soul song nor is it a negro spiritual.

My curmudgeonliness kicks in when I hear someone butcher that song for some reason.

Just sing the goddamned song.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The sistas that are singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Rose Bowl need to be told to just sing it straight. It doesn't need to be gussied up any, its not a soul song nor is it a negro spiritual. My curmudgeonliness kicks in when I hear someone butcher that song for some reason. Just sing the goddamned song. BKB
    Didn't hear it but I TOTALLY agree! I hate it when I hear someone try to run the scales when they are singing that song. Just sing it normal and move on...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    2014 finds you so much smarter. I am so happy for you. You are just on a smokin' roll!!! YessssSSSSIIRRR
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Seems this subject pops up here on an annual basis. I TOTALLY agree ... always have. I just don't get it. It's always been a HUGE irritation to me when performers use "artistic license" when singing the National Anthem.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I am a traditionalist but I don't mind a slight variation but they were terrible!! What do you expect from a bowl game on the left coast. I am surprised they didn't sing the National Anthem of the Russian Federation.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Agree with everyone^...Just sing the song with no hiphop Shit!

Edit: and what's the f**ks up with sagging pants...Stupid...just Stupid/retarded...Grrrrr..
    Last edited by airbud7; 01-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Finally, a good rendition at the Sugar Bowl.