It's sad to think we've lost a few of our G/H "brothers" over the last few years and the other night I started thinking about how fragile life really is. Just a very few years ago, I didn't really have a care in the world ... nothing earth shattering anyway ... went in for a regular annual physical and in a matter of days I was in a hospital ICU fighting for my life. We've had a few close calls among our G/H family and we've actually lost a few. It seems the older I get .. the more friends I lose.

I have to admit, what got me to thinking about all of this was the anniversary of Lynn's brother's passing a few days ago. We couldn't believe it has been 6 years already. He died young ... one day he was "fine", the next he was diagnosed with testicular cancer and things went downhill fast. You guys didn't know him ... I just wanted to take this time to remind everyone here how fragile life really is and to live like there's no tomorrow ... because there may not be.

I want to dedicate this post to my friend and Lynn's brother, Kenny.

kenny3.JPG

Kenneth Yamamoto
(April 14, 1961 - December 29, 2007)

Memorial services for the late Kenny Yamamoto, 46-year-old, Santa Monica born resident of Gardena, who passed away on December 29, 2007, will be held on Monday, January 7, 1:00 P.M. at Fukui Mortuary “Chapel in the Garden”, 707 E. Temple St., L.A.

He is survived by his mother, Sumiko Yamamoto; siblings, Lynn, Rick (Margaret), and Craig (Doris) Yamamoto; niece, Cydney Yamamoto; he is also survived by many other relatives.

Here's Lynn's family (and me) at her grandmother's funeral with her mom, three brothers and their wives. (That's Kenny at the upper left)

kenny2.jpg

Then here we are at her other brother's wedding in Hawaii (the groom is not in this shot) ... Kenny is between Lynn and her mom.

kenny1.jpg

We miss you buddy.