Thread: Techie question

Techie question

I use Yahoo for my e-mail, but on many websites, there is a link to click on to e-mail the company (customer service, etc). On MOST sites, when I click on THEIR link, a window opens for Windows Live Mail. Is there a setting I can change to make Yahoo my "default" e-mail (not sure that's the correct term) ... so that if I click on a website's email link, it'll open in a Yahoo window instead of Windows?

Try this for your windows OS.

BKB

Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

Click Set your default programs.

Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

Click OK.

Hmmm, got there and there are a zillion "Windows" choices ... but I see NOTHING about Yahoo.

I may be using the wrong terminology. My e-mail comes in, is viewed and goes out via Yahoo. I make no selection. It's automatic ... so I assume it's already set as my default e-mail (?) It's only when I click on a "send email" link on most websites that it opens a Windows email window. What I've been doing previously is simply "copy" the email address that opens up in the "Windows Live Mail" window when it opens, then go to Yahoo and paste it into the address window. Kinda a pain in the butt. What am I missing? Could it be that many websites are set up for Windows Live Mail and that's all that is going to open when their link is clicked on (regardless of what program I use)?

Last edited by LJ3; 01-03-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Dang! None of the pages look the same, but after Googling it, it seems there's some sort of issue with Windows 7 and Yahoo Mail. When I get some time, I'll dig a bit deeper. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction anyway.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Yahoo Toolbar version 7.2 and up for Internet Explorer...http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ttings-10.html