Thread: Friggin' Hackers

Friggin' Hackers

We had two debit cards compromised as a result of the Target hacking fiasco. On the upside, USAA rocks like no other. I haven't even had to speak to anyone. All cards being replaced, overnighted
    Last edited by LJ3; 01-08-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Target is really taking it in the shorts on this, as far as consumer confidence is concerned. You're the first person I have direct knowledge of though that got affected by it.

BKB

Maybe it was a geopgrphic compromise of some sort? I know at least a dozen or more people who were affected in this area and hell, I don't even talk to people very much.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

It was on the local news here a lot over the holidays and from the news stories I got the idea local folks here hit too.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Our school credit card had to be canceled because of the Target fiasco. Also one of my bestest hunting/fishing partner's had to get his card canceled as well. I rarely use a credit card and this is one time I'm really glad I didn't.

We have a Target about 5 mins. from the house, but for some reason, it's a store we VERY seldom go to (maybe once or twice/year). When we do go, it's usually just to see if they have something specific we're looking for (not general shopping) and I can't even recall the last time we made a purchase there, so I assume we're safe. At least I haven't heard anything from anyone there. This seems to be a common happening lately ... I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Seems to me it would be a LOT easier than counterfeiting cash.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wife used her bank debit (visa) card there during that time. We haven't had any issues yet.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I quit shopping at Target years ago.....when they took out their hunting/fishing department, and went public with their anti-hunting policy.

However, when I was sick, we bought some odds and ends at the one near MDA because that's the only "store" within the hotel shuttle's route.

Seems like every time I get dragged into one of their stores I get mad before I get out of there. Worst customer "no service" on the planet.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

We have one not too far from our house, but quite honestly I'll bet we don't go there once a year. Walmart, and now Sam's is just too handy (although I detest going into our Walmart just because of the local idiots there)

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    BBP, Walmarts must be the same everwhere. I absolutely hate going in Walmart for the same reason as you.

Same here with Wally World ... but it's 5 mins from the house, open 24 hrs and has ANYTHING I need at a good price ... sooooo, I put up with the idiots. Sam's is just another few minutes from there so they both get a lot of our bidness. Heck, we even buy all our gas at Wally World ... it's close-by and always the cheapest gas in town.

Walmart is the sole reason I go to Target. I see enough mouth breathers as it is without venturing in to that gaping black hole of humanity.

ok ok OK!!! I go to my walmart to people watch! There! I said it

My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I used to like Target a lot - especially for kids clothers when they were younger. IMO, they went way down hill when they decided to be a grocery store as well. I did buy a new game system for the kids during that timeframe, but no problems as of yet.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke