Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How "Republican" are you?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Just as a general rule, a rule of thumb, a 'common sense' type of thought..........not hard data or statistics...............can you tell me how a policy of government programs, handouts, bailouts, welfare, war spending (voted in by a democratic congress), ad nauseum.........tax more, spend more, dream up ways to spend more........which is the Democrat Policy in a nutshell.......... could possibly ever reduce spending overall? That's why I shake my head. It is mirrors at best, thievery at worst, and stupid regardless.

W spent too much, and if your memory is worth a spit, you'll remember I said so often. But to keep blaming W is...........man, that's crazy. This current guy is Top Shelf, Major League, World Champion Spender. To deflect that fact off of him, or to try to, is disingenious at best and .......... well, just nuts.

I just don't get it.

Now, I'm out.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And.............your percentages above are 'compound'............typical magician's view of statistics.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I've never brought up W's name once. Captain and I were discussing Reagan's contribution to the whole mess, thank you very much. And I also never said that Democratic policies amounted to much either. My whole point is that Republican administrations have contributed as much (more actually) to the deficit as Democratic ones and this whole argument is an old and tired one.

And for the record you seem to think the entire burden of balancing the budget falls on maintaining restraint on social programs. You don't even mention defense spending or any of the other crap that administrations make priorities to spend money on. Its endless yammering about social programs. Well, conservatives have shit they love to spend money on too that's out of hand. All I'm saying is get over it and look at the facts. The only administration that's done anything at all about the deficit or reforming social welfare or any of your hot button issues is Bill Clinton's. and to say all of that was due to Reagan is revisionist history.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    We were actually paying it back quite agressively until bushie junior got elected. BKB
    Ah Barry. I think you DID bring in W on this thread.... Just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

A) You think you didn't bring up W's name once???

Really? Here's a quote:
    We were actually paying it back quite agressively until bushie junior got elected.

BKB

B) No, I didn't say SOLELY social programs. I listed war. You don't read well for a big reader!

You have more revisionist history than anyone I know. Pot, meet kettle.

I have said over and over and over and over and over, that BOTH PARTIES spend money like water, and it needs to stop. I've even given the analogy of you buying a new fishing boat, so Julie buys a Rent House just to be even. Both parties do that. They need to stop!! Your memory is as short as Thump's Unit.

Meanwhile, the data sits there while you two do your typical diversions. Next thing will be how much you hate Obama and he's the debbil and on and on ad nauseum.

BKB

Typical Democrap move Barry, make a statement like "I never brought up W name once"
    Then I show you where you did, and you totally ignore it and throw smoke back on me tell me what I'll be saying next.... Bait and switch, smoke and mirrors.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well, I did bring up W and I was mistaken. I wasn't mistaken about what a shitty job he did with the deficit though. that's the facts you continue to ignore. And we were talking about Reagan I though.

Oh well. as usual, you all can continue your pity party about how bad this president is doing on the economy and ignore the fact that every republican president in recent memory has actually performed worse on the deficit than any single democratic president, even Jimmy Carter. Do whatever makes you feel good.

BKB

There you go again saying I did something I didn't. I never brought or mentioned OBummer, W, Reagan, nor none of them. The ONLY person I mention in this thread was Ted Nugent. That's another trick y'all do. Saying we said something when we didn't. Then you convince yourself that we said something. When you can't even remember you were the one that brought it up...

HAHAHA.
    Your statistics claim Obama's Budget is X percent higher than whomever.........

What a joke. Obama ain't even got a budget!! He won't allow a vote on one!! He spends by Executive Caveat, without any controls. He's the King man.

But he's your king. You're right, I will continue to say he's the Devil, but only cause he is. And I'm about done trying to disprove your statements that I've been 100% partisan............

P.S.
    I don't give a rat's ^^^ what previous presidents did. If it makes you happy to prove that your Devil is not as bad as Previous Devils, go for it. I think that is inane (hahaha), meaningless, and chauvinistic. We can't change the past (SOME of us can't even remember it), but we can change the future......but we don't talk about that, we just talk about defending our past heroes.

Bah.