Thread: Thumper. Find me some of these!

Thumper. Find me some of these!

Need all these you can find at them sales you go too.
    They were made by ABU for Zebco for years.
    It's a Cardinal 4 open face reel. This was the first reel to come out with a rear drag. Never been a reel that can hold a candle to it.
    Garcia later made them with ABU but they were black in color and had a skirted spool. The originals are marked Zebco and are green with a cream colored spool.
    Find them buy them, ship them to me and let me know what I owe you...
    That is all...
    Take Care, Captain
    PS: it would be nice to have a fishing forum to post this in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Too much of a weird coincidence, Cap'n.

See my post from earlier this evening IN THE FISHING FORUM.

My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Fishing forum??? Where, let me go scouting.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

There are a bazillion of 'em for sale on eBay Cappy. What do you want to spend?

Here's a page of SOLD units to show what prices they are bringing. (note: some have shipping charges to add to the sale price and some include shipping) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Here are the one's in active auctions right now: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...rdinal+4&rt=nc

I'm going to a sale this weekend with a bunch of fishing crap ... but I don't see anything too exciting here:

This is the same sale with the guns I posted in another thread earlier. Just looks like a bunch of junk rods & reels to me ... unless you fisher types see something I don't.

That looks like an Ambassador reel....second from right on the top pic. Would make a dandy striper rod.....if its priced right.

Striper....NOT Stripper.

Cap'n, you looking for one to fish with or collect?

Cancer Sucks!

Those look like $15 price tags on those combos (looks like maybe $10 for the one you mentioned?), but I know this seller and those are not his usual price stickers, so who knows? Maybe he makes temporary stickers and puts the others on before the sale on Friday. I don't know what the deal is with the one's in the bucket. At any rate, anything still there on Saturday will be half price.

My bestious fishing buddy is 72 years old and done forgot more about catching big bass than most of us will ever know. This is the only reel he will fish with.
    Be called me today and wanted to know was I done "wasting" my time chasing deer around and ready to get after some fish.
    I had the thought I'd like to find him a reel and thought about Thumper and all the good deals he finds around those sales.
    Does look like I can pick one up on eBay for 35 to 75 bucks.
    Thanks for the links Thump!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Old fishing reels! Harrumph. Doesn't this belong in the "Old fishing reel" forum?

Geez. Talk about boring!

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Probably does, but since I was not talking to you as can clearly be seen by the title of the tread you can Bite Me.

Well POO WAH DIDDLE to you to, bro!

Since I was not talking to you in post #4 of this:
    http://www.goodhunting.info/showthre...oke-quot-to-it

You can bite me back.

The ONLY reason I brought up silly post above was because some folks around here are SO MYOPIC and so single minded that they can't stand it when us sophisticated and multi-faceted people talk about a complete plethora of interesting and important topics!!!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I wuz jokin'............. just a little tete-a-tete.....

But I AM way more sophisticated than y'all heathen.

Plethora? Is that down by the urethra? Or is that just how Lou Holtz says it?
    BKB

He'd say it way faster'n Cappy would, that is for sure. And he'd spit when he said it.

He spoke at my daughter's college graduation. We were on first row. We had to use towels.

Kind of like seeing the Blue Man Group.

BKB

I've heard quite a few sports figures give motivational type talks. Roy Firestone, Lou Holtz, Terry Bradshaw, Mike Ditka, just to name the ones I can rightly remember. Of all of them, Terry Bradshaw was the absolute best.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Well POO WAH DIDDLE to you to, bro! Since I was not talking to you in post #4 of this: http://www.goodhunting.info/showthre...oke-quot-to-it You can bite me back.
    Sorry dufus. You left the title to your thread wide open to everyone. I addressed thumper. So double bite me.
    Again you are wrong.

It does get old, being wrong.

So, Thumper.....what were those rods going for.....or were they even still there???

Cancer Sucks!

Yea and where are my Cardinal 4 reels. I mean it's been four days already. Jeeeees how long you gonna take to find em..

Crow9, I never even made it over there. My first stop was close to the house and it turned into a bonanza. It was the estate of a Mennonite woman who was a bit of a hoarder and I spent 4 hours digging (and barely scraped the surface!). I went back Saturday with Lynn, and the TWO of us spent another 4 hours there! I saw maybe half of what was in that house. It was incredible how much "stuff" was in there, but none of it was garbage ... just "stuff". I TOTALLY enjoyed it and landed a few treasures ... but it was the ONLY stop I made in two days. Admittedly, the other sale was about a 45 minute drive and this one was 7 minutes ... it was an easy decision.

Cappy, I sent those reels through Bucky's mail service, the USPS ... so keep your fingers crossed or you may NEVER get 'em!

Not those reels Gomer.... The CARDINAL 4 reels I asked you to find that STARTED this thread.
    The reels you sent by Buckys USPS were in the mailbox this morning when I left to go to the SC farm. Guess they came yesterday and we had a monsoon and didn't look the mail yesterday.
    I was busting your balls cause you ain't found me a half dozen Cardinal 4 reels for .50 cent each and it's already been 4 days.

Buy the way the reels you sent are in good shape and I think they are just gunked up. I'll break them down and clean with some Carb cleaner and oil and grease them and they should be good as new (with a little line)
    Thanks man I owe ya', now go find some Cardinals.

Yeah, my grandfather's old Century has been sitting untouched for over 50 years, so I'm sure the old grease has hardened. I don't think I've touched that Zebco in over 30 years.

Last I heard, you were looking into eBay for that Cardinal. Of course, you know I'll keep looking anyway ... but this weekend, I found out that old Mennonite woman didn't do much fishing.

Yea, I'll go pick one up on eBay for my buddy for now but if you ever do see any how about pick them up if you don't mind? Especially at the prices you find stuff!
    Take Care, Captain

I'll do that Cappy. They're now on my radar for sure.

Captain, if you get a chance, try some stuff called Deep creep. Its made by, uh er SeaFoam.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Captain, if you get a chance, try some stuff called Deep creep. Its made by, uh er SeaFoam. BKB
    Posthole is that cleaner or oil for reels. I've never heard of it.

There's really nothing extra special about Deep Creep except that its simple. Its just basically a pretty highly refined oil in aerosol form. The way it foams up, like if you prayed a little on the shaft of a reel, is it'll bind to that part a bit and that helps it get on down in the bearings and bushing and what not. Works good for reels and guns too. I'd say its on a par with Rem Oil for those purposes but I do think this stuff penetrates a little better.
    BKB

Ok thanks. I read up on it some. It sounds like a good oil and protectant for after the cleaning. I usually use G-96 which is the BEST stuff you can use on firearms. But this deep creep sounds like it will probably be right stuff to use on reels. Thanks I'll pick up a can!