Thread: You are no longer on welfare.....new terminology.....

You are no longer on welfare.....new terminology.....

(CNSNews.com) – In a brief speech on the House floor Wednesday, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) hailed the war on poverty, endorsed government welfare programs, and said the “safety net has to be something for all of us.”

“The word """welfare""" should be changed to something like, """a transitional living fund""" , for that is what it is — for people to be able to live,” she said.

Sheila Jackson Lee hailed the Earned Income Credit, food and nutrition programs, jobs training and education programs, Medicaid, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act as “huge safety nets" — not handouts, but safety nets, she said.
    Southern Gentleman

I flipped on the TV a couple days ago to catch some news. When it came on, an episode of Judge Judy was on. There was a couple on there and the woman was suing some dude to reimburse her for a trip to Vegas they took together. She bought both plane tickets and he was supposed to pay her back for his, but never did. Judge Judy asked her where she worked and she replied, "I don't work Your Honor". Judy asked how she lived and she replied, "Government Assistance". Judy then asked the dude where he worked and he replied, "I don't work Your Honor". Judy asked where he lives and he replied, "Subsidized housing". Judge Judy rolled her eyes and said, "And you two are here suing each other over a trip to Las Vegas"!

I assume they were spending their "Safety Net"!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Just wondering........is there any other society in History that chose to 'tax' half of their citizens so the other half didn't have to do anything to live??? I can't think of one.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.