Thread: Brother of Chucky to Skins!

Brother of Chucky to Skins!

The Washington Redskins search for a new head coach, which once looked like it could take several weeks, ended Thursday when they agreed to hire Jay Gruden, a league source told ESPN.

Gruden had been scheduled to interview for the Minnesota Vikings coaching vacancy on Thursday before he agreed to become the Redskins' coach. He is expected to be introduced by the Redskins on Thursday afternoon.

Andrew Weber/USA TODAY SportsJay Gruden will replace Mike Shanahan as the Redskins' new head coach.

He replaces Mike Shanahan, who was fired one day after the season ended. Gruden becomes the sixth coach hired by owner Dan Snyder in his 15 years; none have lasted more than four years.

Gruden, the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator, interviewed with Washington on Wednesday, one day after meeting with Tennessee. He also had visits scheduled with Minnesota and Detroit.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Between landing the "hot" coach and something like $35m in cap space, the Skins are, yet again, well on their way to winning the offseason. (If I sound bitter or disillusioned, it's because I am.)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

We're good at that.

I like the Senior Gruden. That's all I got.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Not sure Jay is the right choice. Not sure there is a right choice given the RG3-Snyder situation.

Any coach coming in knows the deal with Snyder. Hopefully they come in knowing the situation will NOT change, and that their style must be adapted to how he wants to run the team. That's the bottom line.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.