Thread: Hey Hank

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Hey Hank

When did January 31 morph into February 18???

We used to get ALL tax data by January 31. Now, most of my 1099's and other tax stuff say "Expect it to be mailed by Feb 18".

That sucks.

If they move that date, why not move the April 15 date? Money hungry pigs!!

I can't buy a truck till I figure out my tax situation. Getting hammered like I did last year will make this decision harder. But the sooner I know the sooner I can make decisions.

When did all that change, and why???
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    The future is uncertain. I say buy your truck now...

The deadline for most 1099's is still 1/31/2014. I think it's 2/18 only if you have income in certain boxes. That's the general rule anyway. There's always exceptions for farmer, fishermen and preachers. Now that you're a gentleman planter, maybe new rules apply.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

See two emails I just forwarded to you.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Tax Statement Mailing Deadlines

Statement name Accounts IRS mailing deadline

Tax Reporting Statement (Includes 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-B, 1099-MISC) Nonretirement brokerage account, including a Fidelity Cash Management Account. S-Corps that sold a covered security will receive both a 1099-B and an Informational Tax Statement. February 18

Tax Reporting Statement (may include Form 1099-DIV and /or 1099-B) Nonretirement Fidelity Mutual Funds Account. S-Corps that sold a covered security will receive both a 1099-B and an Informational Tax Statement. February 18

5498 IRA January 31

5498 IRA, if you made a contribution for the 2013 tax year between January 1, 2014, and April 15, 2014 June 2

1099-R Retirement account (reports distributions, recharacterizations, etc.) January 31

5498-SA Health Savings Account January 31

5498-SA Health Savings Account, if you made a contribution between January 1, 2014, and April 15, 2014 June 2

1099-SA Health Savings Account (reports distributions) January 31

1099-Q 529 plan account distributions January 31

1099-OID Nonretirement brokerage account holding certain real estate mortgage investment conduits (REMICs), financial asset securitization investment trusts (FASITs), and/or collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs) March 17

2439 Brokerage or Fidelity mutual fund account holding a mutual fund or real estate investment trust that retained its long-term capital gains March 17
    Supplemental mortgage pool statement Accounts holding a mortgage pool security (a kind of widely held fixed investment trust) with 2013 tax-reporting consequences March 17

1042-S Accounts held by a nonresident alien with U.S.-source income earnings (This statement is not available online.) March 17

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Must be because all of us rich, white Republicans wanted the government shut down..,
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

uh, ... what?

Apparently it ain't shut down, it's just dragging its feet.