Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are any of youse flashlight lovers?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    ~snort~

Leave it to Barry.

Someplace way back in the cortex, I think there are a lot of men who just plain love tools. Can't help it. Born with it and die with it. Pocket knife collections, flashlights all over the place, EDC keychain tools that cost a day's pay, you name it and we love it.

Will

^ no doubt.

Well, off subject ... kinda but not really ... I grab every one of those old stainless, ribbed Eveready and Ray-O-Vac flashlights I run across at estate sales. I pick 'em up all day long for $0.25 - $1.00 and they'll bring $15 - $20 as soon as they're listed. I'm sure EVERYONE here has had one at one time or another.

Some of the old "bullet style" lights can bring even more.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    OK...........just what kind of person is buying all this old worthless b/s??? Seems you find some bizarre, worthless crap........and every time, SOME FOOL is out there buying it.

Who is it? Why?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

This is a pretty neat flashlight to have around the house.
    http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/SL3WAKB.aspx
    It runs on 4 AA batteries, and has a high and a low setting.
    Wall-mart carries them, if anyone is interested.
    The specs say it has a 3W LED (its one of those square-chip LEDs).
    According to a calculator I was able to find online, a 3W LED is about 180 lumens.....but I could be WAY off on that.
    I do know it is a pretty darned bright light.

SL3WAKB_1.jpg
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    My son has one of those. That one is actually what got me looking for a rechargeable, fairly small, hand held. It was at that point that I was by happenstance in Mack's Prairie Wings, and saw the Cyclops and bought it. They are similar, but the Cyclops is brighter and rechargeable (and probably more expensive).
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Thump, my grandfather is 92 and still uses one of those old ray-o-vac lights. Equivalent to about 3 candles but they last forever. Best lights ever made for catching night crawlers, not bright enough to scare the little buggers.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Arty, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. That flashlight you have is really nice. I was just trying to say there are some pretty darn good LED flashlights out there for less money. They probably aren't as heavy duty as yours, but for what I need they hold up fine. I double checked on what I paid. I was quite a bit off. It was only $55.00 for the light, batteries, and charger. Hmmm, since I bought two, if I hold them sidexside does that mean I get 760 lumens?