Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbow recommendations

I am going to bass pro tomorrow so I can put my hands on some and figure out what I like and don't like.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I made my decision about 65% on weight. And cumbersomeness, if that's a word. Speed mattered some, and for sure the Barnett shoots to 75 yards easily. How many do that, I don't know. Everyone said 10 points were the best, but they were 5 lbs heavier than the Barnett.

Problem is, unless you go to an archery store, you can't shoot 'em to try 'em out. If you have a buddy with one, try that first.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Bucky quote;

Problem is, unless you go to an archery store, you can't shoot 'em to try 'em out. If you have a buddy with one, try that first.
    I bought mine at BPS and shot it in their indoor range before purchasing it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Oh. Well, we just got our FIRST BPS in this state last month, and it's been a while since I have been in one. I don't care much for them, they are the Walmart of sporting goods, and prices weren't great last time I went. But they're ok. I didn't know they had ranges. My bad.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I don't know if they all do or not. A very good buddy (and hunting partner) of mine managed the BPS in Orlando and that's where I bought it. I seldom go into any other store so I don't know if the range is the norm or not. I also bought my compound bow there ... same deal, shot it before I bought it. BTW ... the "range" is simply a single-lane deal (for bows) ... not a full-fledged shooting range.