Thread: A Record For lenjphoto

A Record For lenjphoto

I've booked 5 high end weddings in the last week for this coming year. A new record for me. 100% referral bidness so I must be doing something right! I already had 10 or so on the books.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

At what point could you make it doing just that?
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That's good news.
    I've had a side job for the past 42 years, it's great doing something you really love vs. something just for a paycheck.
    I don't think I'd have survived 31 years in education if I didn't have my side job.
    It's nice to have a few extra bucks coming in and then going out to pay for your daughters schooling.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    That's awesome. You do great work. I hope you get filthy stinking rich at this man.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Thanks fellas. I've done the math many times over and doing it full time just isn't possible around here unless I want to live in places that I wouldn't want to walk around at night I kinda like the balance I have now. It's a nice income stream and I can turn away business if I wanted to. I think that was my goal... pretty sure, maybe. I dunno, it was 4:20 when I decided to go for it so it's a little fuzzy for me

Plus, being a successful wedding photographer means giving up a shitload of Saturdays, fishing time and family time.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Two words.

Roth IRA.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Cool beans dude! Congrats!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Congrats to you Len!

I know 5 different "photographers". One of which is my own brother and best friend. He does weddings, graduations, etc, etc. My brother actually makes some money on it. The others are probably breaking even (although I couldn't prove that).

All 5 of them, I have told to look at your pics/page on FB.

You have a talent. No question. I think your work is outstanding.

Good on you!