Thread: Out of the mouths of babes....

Out of the mouths of babes....

As I've mentioned here previously, my son had to move his family from our farmstead to a nearby city for job-related reasons, last year....I still haven't gotten over it, even though they're only a 30 minutes drive away from me.

This morning, he and my grandson came over to duck hunt....we had a good hunt and killed a limit.

Later, I cooked up a big breakfast....before they headed home, grandson told my son that he wanted to stay here on the farm a little longer....lots of really cool stuff to do....my son said "NO", and they had a little momentary verbal jousting.

Of course, my son won the argument, but not before grandson got in one final and fatal verbal blow...."Daddy, the city has ruined you. You're nothing but a city boy, now."

I'm, STILL laughing at that one !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-25-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    You need to rewrite your will.

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    hahahaha

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Now THAT is too funny.

At Least he still duck hunts.... there is hope. I will side w your grandson though if pressed to choose a side.
    Glad you shot a limit: Hoosier duck hunting often ends with what I call a "hoosier limit": everyone saw a duck and shot at the same time. One duck killed per hunt.