Thread: Ha ha! I have myself a new hero now!

Ha ha! I have myself a new hero now!

I spent much of yesterday at an estate sale digging through the years of stuff accumulated by a 105 year old man who recently passed away. I asked the people running the sale if he had any family and they replied, "No, but he had a "girlfriend"!" I laughed and pictured them sitting around in their rocking chairs sipping on Metamucil.

I proceeded on through the house on my treasure hunt and began learning a bit about the old guy. That's one thing that I find interesting about these sales. To some it may sound a bit morbid, but to me, with every drawer I open or cabinet door I peer behind, I learn a little bit more about the individual who lived there. I've found, the older they were .. the more I wish I'd had a chance to sit and talk with them. This guy was born in 1908 ... think of the stories he could have told.

Anyway, to the subject of this post! I was in the back bathroom digging through drawers and cabinets looking for old razors (all I found was disposables).

But, I opened the cabinet below the sink and pulled out a box. I didn't recognize the name, but when I opened it ... I wasn't positive, but I had an idea what I'd found. I thought, "NO FRIGGING WAY!" So, I Googled it. As the title to this post says, "This guy is now my hero!!!"

105 years old ... who'da thunk it? Man-o-man, these things are pricey! I guess Medicare was good to him! You GO dude ... you are my hero!

http://www.metromedicalonline.com/oee1135.html

osbon1 (2).jpg osbon2 (2).jpg

Have you tried it out yet?
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Had to have kept it for himself, after all who would buy one used??

I'm pretty sure they have some sort of replaceable sleeves ... or a sanitation procedure or sumpin'. Dang, I guess they work. At $500-$600 they dang well better! I'm proud of the ol' boy. Never say never! I hope I go out that way!

BTW ... I left it there ... I rely on the marvels of modern chemistry!

I think I've seen one of those hooked up to a holstein before. Only it had four nozzles.

BKB

You know sumpin' P-hole ... I wonder how many young farm boys have slipped into the barn when nobody's around to "try" one'a those things on for size!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    You know sumpin' P-hole ... I wonder how many young farm boy's have slipped into the barn when nobody's around to "try" one'a those things on for size!
    You just added to my list of reasons that I detest sweet milk !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-28-2014 at 11:50 AM.

In MS, we call it sweet milk....down here, we have sweet milk, buttermilk, skim milk(yuk), or clabber.

My favorites are buttermilk and clabber.

Clabber is what you yanks call yogurt.
    Southern Gentleman

Ha ha ha! Sunny has a dirty mind!

Sunshine, sweet milk is what OLD people call regular ol' milk (fresh whole milk). Get your mind out of the gutter girl!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    What???? Me???? You are joking right???