Thread: Dang! I got my ass in trouble last night ....

Dang! I got my ass in trouble last night ....

Almost every day, Lynn brings some sort of "snack" home from work. They have cupcakes, donuts, pastries ... that sort of stuff at the hotel and she usually brings something home for me. Plus, whenever she goes to lunch, she very seldom eats everything, and usually brings a doggie-bag home (which I finish for her). Yesterday afternoon, she came home from work and I was at the kitchen table going through the day's mail. She walked in, set a bag on the table and went to the restroom downstairs. She then went upstairs to change out of her work clothes.

Of course I peeked inside the bag and spotted a NICE (expensive) box of very fancy chocolates. Cool! I figured a customer had given it to her or sumpin'. So, I opened the box and "sampled" a piece. When she came back downstairs to start fixing supper, I remarked about how good the chocolate was. Her eyes got as wide as saucers and as she looked at the opened box, she shouted, "That's your mother's birthday present!!"

Mom's 82nd b/d is Monday. I think I'm in the dog house.

Something tells me that somewhere, down in the depths of your brain cells that you actually KNEW that un-opened box of expensive chocolates, really were NOT for your snack.

"""Happy 82nd Birthday to Thump's Mom"""!!!....I guess she'll have to settle for an old razor from your ebay collection.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-31-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Ha ha ha! No, actually, customers are always giving her gifts ... plus, her birthday is persactly one week after Mom's ... so I assumed someone had given it to her.

I'm innocent I tell ya'! Just a victim of circumstance!

Tell your mom happy birthday from me! You must be adopted is all I can say. She is a sweetheart!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'm getting ready to meet Lynn for lunch, then I'll be headed over to mom's for an afternoon visit, so I'll pass on your message.