Thread: Hey JB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Hey JB

JB,
    Do you know anything about fishing for brown trout in Milaukee Harbour? Do you know anyone that does?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Saw some guys do that on a show. They were having to dodges floating ice but - dang - they caught some fish.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

HH if I could catch browns like that I'd deal with about anything Mother Nature wants to throw at me. Holy smokes those browns are big!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Ummm Bucky ya might want to shut yer' yawner...
    http://www.welcomefishermen.com/inde...rldrecord.html

For those that don't want to follow the links.

Wisconsin Brown Trout: 41.7 lbs caught in 2009
    Arkansas Brown Trout: 40.4 lbs caught in 1992

Where would you rather fish? Just say'n.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 02-07-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    The fish that it beat by 1oz. came from the Manistee River, not to far from me.
    Browns in the bay here are famous for biting just after ice out, not that big but 20 lb's aren't that uncommon either.
    The year Matt (Cliffy) and Jen stopped by I took them fishing in Lake Michigan and landed about a half dozen browns, but they were all in the 5-10 lb range.
    What you catch out of those creeks by you is what gets me excited.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

JB, you are welcome to come out here in the fall and creek fish all you want. Lots of fish and at least 5 different creeks all near my home. However what would send me over the top is a 20 lbs brown. It appears that Milaukee Harbour is the place to accomplish that.

Best big lake fishing around here is Aug, even Bucky can catch a few.
    If you and Terri ever get wonderlust, just head east, we can put you and the family up and try for one of those.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Wasn't trying to say we were #1.......just that this is a great trout location. Who'd go to Wisconsin???

Where would I go? Here of course@!! Why go to Wisconsin, BRRRRR, for 1 lb? Besides, who wants a brown? Ugh. Rainbows are barely edible, if grilled. Browns are yuck. All trout are yuck, barely edible.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Buckrub, I would go to Wisconsin, I'm wired for the cold. That heat crap you guys have down there would kill me off in the summer time. My goal isn't to fry fish it's wanting a big brown for the wall. I can't stand to eat trout, but they sure are fun to catch. When I want fish for the table that's what walleye are for.

Man, I just re-read my reply. Had to edit it. Holy cow there were some typo's. Good thing I don't drink or it would have been even worse.

All said and done, I just like catching fish, anywhere, and I'm sure it would be just as fun in Arkansas as anywhere the fish are biting.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 02-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Gotcha. I'd do that.

Crappie, son, crappie.

Not many crappie in Montana. Absolutely none close to where I live. I used to catch the heck out of them in Utah and Arizona though. Caught a lot of bluegill and bass as well (both smallies and largemouth.) Around here the warm water fish are basically perch, walleye, northern pike, channel cats and a few smallmouth bass. I don't know of anywhere within 60 miles that has bluegill or crappie.

You know, that's interesting. They are well up into Canada, Quebec, etc......wonder why not the NW?

TW used to brag on the "yellow perch" (is that right?).......striped panfish about crappie size, said they taste better than walleye! Or close. Whatever........ but I've never touched or eaten one. Looks like they'd be fun to catch.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, ring or yellow perch are great fun to catch. Around here, they're the first spawning run of the spring. When I was a kid, you could catch a hundred if them shore fishing if you caught the run right.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Perch are about the best eating fish you can get.

Sky, looks like Bucky only offered you a diatribe on fishing down south....but no invitation
    You got an open invitation from me....I don't know doodly squat about trout fishing, but I'll guarantee you a crappie, bream, and catfishing trip, you won't soon forget !!!....give me a call---that's all.
    Southern Gentleman

Take it JB. He won't ask me!

and I already gave Bubba a Lifetime Invitation, in person, up close and personal. He don't even have to call. Just show up.

Bucky, someday we'll show up on your porch and you can take me fishing. It will not be anytime that the temps over 90 though.

Or below 22, like now.

Sheesh. This is nuts.

Big Muddy, don't be surprised if I don't take you up on that someday.

Bucky this is what the beginnings of fish fry heaven looks like. A friend of mine caught this mess just a few days ago. I'm headed out to fish with him over President's Day weekend. Perch of this size are what perch fishermen dream about.

I'll eat 'em.

That is a mess of good eating.