Thread: This post is not what it seems to be about

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

This post is not what it seems to be about

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-racial-slurs/

OK, the above is one of about a zillion 'hits' I got on Google for searching for "four white families go sledding and get attacked by 30 blacks".

I don't have any current comments on this even, per se. I have another point to make.

This was on another website I frequent. It's in the "Politics and News" Forum. It's the same software we use, but yeah, they have separate Forums. Works, too! ha. Course, they have about 1,000 active members.

Here's my point. I googled this and the first 30 entries were stuff like "realtruth.com/blogspot", etc. Not one single actual news agency. Nada. That lead me to this conclusion, which is my real point. Either this is untrue, didn't happen, a big lie............or it did happen and either happened like that or got blown up 1,000X.

That led me to research if it really did. I can't find it. No news agency reported it. SO.......either A) it happened, even if only partially, and we really, truly, actually, honestly, are getting lied to big time by the media, as many far-righters are claiming more and more, or B) there are way, way, WAY, WWWAAAYYYY, more 'nuts' out there than almost anyone believes.

I started out believing B.

But somehow, neither answer makes sense. And you know what they say.......when there are only two possible outcomes, and neither is possible..............................well........ ....

?????????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    The link doesn't work, but it can't be true 'cause black folks don't like to go out in the snow.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

You can get away with that here. Ha. I can't.

Just Google what I did, and you'll see what I mean.........dozens of pages of such blogs, and such..........literally hundreds of entries........but not one news agency.

My question remains.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That's because they know I'm kidding...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Damn... two grade A+ prime zingers from CD today!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Outstanding.

The link doesn't work for me either ... but I get the gist of it from the post.

My guess is it started out as one of those stupid e-mails that made the rounds to elebenty-bazillion people and many of them repeated it in their blogs ... which furthers the distribution even more.

If it were true and the media was stifling the story ... FOX News would have been all over it like stink on shit!

Does this have something to do with Marcus Smart?

BKB

I dunno. Never heard of him.

This was posted, and discussed AD NAUSEUM on another site. I just read the posts.......and then I decided to check it out. I googled it and only found uber rightwing stories about it. That is what my post is about, NOT about the actual event.

Well, the link didn't work and I was too lazy to Google it myself.

Ok, someone writes a racially motivated story, emails it to everyone in their address book, they do the same, then many start posting it in their blogs, many more do the same ... it fits into the "uber rightwing" community, so it continues ad nauseam.

Disclaimer: The above is simply MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Does this have something to do with Marcus Smart?

BKB
    I get you, BBP
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Finally Googled it ... you're right, every right-wing blog/webpage on the net has the story, but not ONE "official" news source that I could find.

It may not have made the news because ... other than the racial aspect ... there wasn't much to it. According to the article, the "white folk" never reported it or called for medical help ... but after going home and thinking it over later "that night", they decided they were "injured". Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I get you, BBP
    Oops! Dang Okies!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    So is there a "rest of the story" regarding what was said?

Sticks and stones.

This thread has been hijacked. Where do I report this?