Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Georgia is about to get it again

12 inches here I SW Virginia and we are all working today. All of our other East Coast offices are closed but my boss is a woman who feels the need to prove that she is more man than the other managers. Been there 13+ years and we have never closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Be careful out there, Larke. Days like today make me thankful I drive a desk.
    Big Jim and I are going to try to get there. We are leaving about 1:30 and taking his dully 4X4 and just creep along.
    Just hope I can get hay and water running and back before dark...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    You could get back before dark if you got up at a decent time in the morning and got to work instead of chasing mamma around the table. Come to think of it, I like your plan better.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Captain, you need to save that picture for next years Christmas Card, beautiful.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    LP update: Just put 350 gallon in @ $2.75.. $992 w/ tax.. .. ouch... But buddy put 200 in Monday for $3.25. -18 dby. We're finally getting some moderation. Supposed to be in the 40s by Tuesday. Snow will go pretty fast but it will take awhile to get the frost out of the ground. Like Bwana said - hope you miss the ice. It will wreck stuff.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Nice guy Cappy! You say you were gonna leave at 1:30 and Cheryl just reported (at 2:26) that the power went out at the house. I hope you left her plenty of firewood!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Ha. My daughter said they have power........but she has no TV because of snow buildup on her dish.........and it's 2 stories up, plus the steep roof, and she ain't about to deal with it.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

No power at home, no power at the farm. That equals to no water to cattle. Got hay out. Took fences down so cows can get to ponds. Trees down all over the farm. Chainsawed some of them... Will have to go back tomorrow to out out more hay and cut more trees/limbs.
    Trying to get back home to the little woman now. And hook generator to house.
    If I live and breath another month my home will have a Gen set that with an auto transfer switch that will run the whole house, well, heat and all.
    Got it set up now but I have to manually set up the generator and switch the breakers.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Trying to get back home to the little woman now.
    Thank for the warning. I'll leave now!! I sure hope there's enough fresh snow to cover my tire tracks.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I am home, whoohooo
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I am home, whoohooo
    Good deal. Glad you got out. No place like home is there.
    Power back at the NC house but still out at the SC house.
    Hopefully by morning. I'll be headed back tomorrow to start sawing out.