Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
Len, I got to thank you. I run a small skull cleaning business and photographing bright white skulls is a major pain in the butt. It's just like trying to photograph snow. Anyway, after reading your post I figured out how to set my exposure compensation on my camera and experimented by taking some skull photos. WOW, did that ever solve the problem. I am one happy little camper right now. Next week I will set up a number of deer and antelope skulls to photograph and add to my skull cleaning webpage. http://www.bestskullcleaning.com/ You'd think after all these years I would have figured out or remembered this stuff, but obviously I haven't. I'm heading out ice fishing over the weekend and I hope to have a number of opportunities to experiment with photographing out on the lake in snow/ice with hopefully a pile of fish. Thanks again Len!
You're quite welcome! Something I've made a habit of is to go thru the big manual that came with each camera body at least once every 3 months. Without fail, I always understand something better, find an easier way to accomplish something, or solve for something I couldn't' solve before. I HIGHLY recommend it! The cool thing is you can do it just about anywhere as long as you have your manual with you.