Thread: Dang it!

Dang it!

Johnboy and Bev are down here on vacation and we were gonna hook up when they passed through on their way to Orlando (his route would have taken them to within about 3 mins. of my house).

Anyway, he just called to let me know their plans have changed and they're headed to the Keys. They're leaving to go back home on Tuesday, so we won't be able to get together this time around. Sure wish I could'a seen that old fart again ... it's been a while. I wonder if he'll go home sunburned?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Stand out on the freeway.

BC to the Keys? What's that, 11,000 miles???? Wow.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Naaa, he's already south of me and been around Ft. Meyers all week. To get to the Keys, they'll be headed down I-75 and prolly cut across Alligator Alley ... unless they take the "old road" across.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    If I got that close, I'd come see ya.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

That's a dang nice drive except for the getting through/around/over/ain't no way to avoid Miami.

BKB

The last time we went to the Keys, I stopped in Miami for gas. It was one of those stations that didn't have "pay at the pump" and you had to pre-pay. I took my credit card in and left it with the attendant so I could fill my tank. After I paid my bill, the clerk handed the card back to me and I noticed it was not MY card ... and the guy whose card I had, had already left (presumably with MY card)! What a frigging mess! He paid for HIS gas with MY card ... and MY gas was charged to HIS card. Luckily, they were both American Express and AmEx straightened it all out. They over-nighted a new card to me and it was at the hotel in Key West the following day.

The last ime I drove A1A we were getting chased out of Key West by a hurricane and had to driveto Ft Lauderdalecto catch a flight home! Was a nice drive at 20 mph all the way.

BKB

That sucks. Just a car with a flat tire can have that Keys traffic backed up a zillion miles. Hurricane traffic is ridiculous! See any Key Deer while crawling along on that road?

I've seen a few. TINY little things ... and they were ADULTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    If I got that close, I'd come see ya.
    Y'all need to get a room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

And use some better code words! those are pretty thinly veiled.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Hey Thump. Too bad we're not heading your way but the whole famdamly wants to go to the keys instead so that's that. Keeping this group in line is like herding cats so I learned to just go with the flow to keep the peace. We're taking some kind of fast catamaran down so won't have to fight traffic. Sounds like an interesting trip actually.

Been enjoying the trip but not lookin forward to the flight back home. Long!

Taking a "cat" to the Keys? Dang! You must hang with some hoity-toity folks! Are you going all the way to Key West? If so, have a beer at Sloppy Joe's for me! If you hit Islamorada, stop in for a brewski at my cousin's joint .... Woody's ... but be careful, he has nekkid ladies dancing there!

http://www.woodysinthekeys.com/

Have fun Johnboy and enjoy the weather while you can. Too bad you've been here for the worst weather of the season so far ... but I'm sure it's better than back home!