Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is better

Sunshine, the main issue I've seen you bring up is security and there's not even a comparison to be made between MAC and PC when it comes to the issues you're usually having. Those problems just don't exist on a MAC, period. You don't even have to run a virus scan app or a malware app on a MAC. Oh, they're available, but if you use any caution at all with the sites you visit they aren't at all necessary. This isn't my opinion, this is fact and if you'll do some googling on it you can see for yourself.

BKB

Get the Mac, you won't regret it. Macs aren't' virus targets because they are built on a hardened Unix operating system and microsoft machines are much better targets. There's a small learning curve but no more so than getting a new phone these days. Windows 8 is a nightmare, avoid it. Get the Mac. They're worth the xtra money.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Oops...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

As far as vehicles go:
    I've owned a Ford Ranger --- POS
    I've owned a Ford F150 4x4 --- POS
    I've owned several Ford cars --- POSs
    I've owned an Isuzu Trooper 4x4 --- not a bad unit, but under powered.
    I've owned a Chevy Z71 4x4 truck --- a pretty good unit. I got it with about 75k on it and ran it to about 150k. I'd have no qualms with getting another Chevy.
    I've owned a Dodge Ram 4x4 --- it was a pretty good truck. I put over 120k on it over 10 years. It didn't have much break on it except for the tranny dying at about 125k, and I got new(er) truck fever.
    I currently own an '07 Toyota Tundra 4x4 I bought in '10. It just rolled over 86k and so far all I've done is change the oil and put some tires on it. This truck rides better than any vehicle I've ever had. Much more so than my wife's Honda Accord. When we were driving to MDA we always took the Tundra.

So, it's not "what I have is best"....but I CAN tell ya what brand I have personally had lots of "bad luck" with. I got tired of sending my mechanic's kids to college and quit driving anything with the blue oval on it.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Regardless of the model and make, what keeps getting better and better in automobiles is quality. With some notable exceptions, most of the major brands have their things they do well and things they don't do so hot on. Most of all though is the technology they have to day for engines is pretty friggin' awesome. As long as you don't over heat one, they'll all of them last a long, long time. About the only one I can say with authority that has shitty engine engineering and production is VW. It may be just the Passat model but I don't think so.
    But fuel injection and machine tolerances that were unheard of just 25 years ago have made for some clean burning motors. Engines I should say to be correct I guess. enginehead just doesn't sound right.

BKB