When I go to California I have to look long and far to find a Windows based machine ... EVERYONE has an Apple (same can be said for New York). Heck, watch most any TV show where they're using a desk top or laptop and you'll see that Apple emblem. In fact, Lynn's brother gave her mom an Apple a few years ago for her birthday and since we were out there visiting at the time, I had the joyous experience of getting it set up for her. Considering I've had ONLY Windows based machines for the past 25+ years, I was ready to throw that MF'er out the damn window! I also made a few comments about "left coasters" and how they're so "different and weird" ... they can't even have the same computers the rest of the free world uses! I know it was just the fact I'd never so much as touched an Apple before and it was frustrating that most any program I was familiar with would not work on an Apple, that ... well ... lets just say I was super frustrated.

I know the frustration was simply because I'd never dealt with Apple before and had no clue what I was doing ... but knowing I can jump on any Windows based machine in the world and go straight to work (like internet cafe's in Thailand for example) ... it frustrated me. I also felt like a bozo since I needed to teach her mom how to use the frigging thing but was having trouble myownfineself! I'm sure once you get used to it, it's a fine OS, but I have a bad taste in my mouth as I will always associate them with those weirdo left-coasters. NO WAIT!!! YOU are a left-coaster! Maybe it'll work out fine.

Anyway .... when I think Apple now, I immediately think "left-coast" ... "New York" ... or "Yuppie"! I have no clue how Cappy got converted but I'd be willing to bet our resident Yuppie (The Lenster) prolly uses one also.

And take that from someone who uses an iPhone!