Sunny if you want freedom from viruses, adware, spyware, etc go buy a iMac.
You can get office for Mac and it looks just like the winders version. Apple keeps STRICT control on software and apps.
We thought about building and offering a Goodhunting App and found out for droid it's a one time 50 buck cost and for Apple its a 200 dollar cost each year. The reason is Apple takes your app and makes sure there is no virus, trackers, adware or spyware, before it can be offered in iTunes. And they review it each time you upgrade the app or annually thus the cost. Droid does not check apps they offer, anything goes up for download in there App Download place. That's the reason they only charge 50 bucks one time fee. They are not monitoring what is being offered for download. When you download software or apps on droid you have no clue what you are getting as far as adware or spyware is concerned.
We bought a iMac about 5 years ago. Not once has it locked up, crashed, or hitched in anyway. Have not had to take it anywhere or in any way had the first moments problem with it. And we do have Office on it. Before this iMac I had never used anything but a PC and loved them. But I was forever having to upgrade or scanning for viruses, defraging the hard drive, or the computer would slow down, crash or just need to be replaced, popup, lockup etc.
If you go with Mac you will in the long run love it and be much safer, however in the beginning you will cuss it, threaten to box it up and take it back or worse. If you stick with it you will discover you can do everything easier on it than you can with a PC. However you are programmed to do things the PC way and learning the easier way seems awkward at first. A iMac is incredibly solid and dependable. You will love it and save a BUNCH of money and headaches in the long run. Just my 02 cents.
Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner