Thread: Darn travel weather

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Darn travel weather

Headed South in the AM, we have three routes available to us that we've used over our past travels. I-65, I-75 and I-77.
    We were hoping to take I-65 but the weather for Thursday calls for severe TS, and nater threat right down the middle, we really hate I-75 because of Atlanta, miserable bottleneck no mater what round -a- bout you chose and it's also in the area for the shitty weather forecast.
    So it's a little out of the way for our FL west coast destination, but it looks to be on the east side of all the trouble.
    We are going to take I-77 on the way home hoping to get some free room and board at Captains place, so looks as if it's 77 both down and back.
    Anybody hear of any bad things going on, on 77?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, it's an odd number, so it goes north and south.

Thus ends the extent of my knowledge of said road.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Anybody hear of any bad things going on, on 77?
    I-77 through Charlotte is a bad thing in a class by itself. Good luck on your travels. We might have to bunk in at the SC house on your return trip. Mother and Dad both not doing well and I'm having to stay between the two farms a lot.
    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Old fart test. (Ed came along waaay before The Fonz!)

77 Sunset Strip.

Kookie, Kookie ... lend me your comb!

Weather along 77 in my section of VA/WV should be good the rest of this week. No major construction this time of the year to hold you up.

Bubba, what vehicle are you guys taking on your trip? I know its kind of the wrong time of year but I'll bet that two seater would be a barrel of monkeys coming down some of the roads you will be traveling.

BKB

Ain't gonna work P-hole ... they'll need to bring luggage.