Thread: Look like another surgery on the horizon.

Look like another surgery on the horizon.

Had an appointment with my surgeon yesterday and it looks like I'm due for ANOTHER surgery. He wanted to do it this coming Monday, but I have a buddy (whom I haven't seen for 30 years) who just got in yesterday from Seattle. He's down for the Daytona races and leaving next Tuesday. Sooo, I asked for a later date and it's being scheduled for the following Monday (03/03). He wants to get it done right away because he's being deployed to Afghanistan sometime in March. Says he's gonna be in a "hot zone" at a mountain outpost and the camp is at 10,000 feet. (His last deployment was in Iraq) He said he'll be back in 3-4 months.

Heck, I've lost count ... I think this is surgery number 10 (not positive). He brought up the idea of a hyperbaric chamber (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) but I just couldn't see spending 8-10 hours in a dang tank every 2 days for 6 weeks! I'd be so frigging bored I'd prolly pull out what little hair I have left. I think I'd go stir-crazy ... so I put that on the back burner as a last resort.

Not March the 3rd.... Hammerhead and I are coming to the Florida house to fish for a few days. Just going to be a boys week of fishing and brown likker drinking. Was hoping you would come over and bring some dancin' gals...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Man, Jim.

Man.

Are you ok with this????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Knowing Thumper he already knew about your plans Cappy.

Yea he's PROBABLY not having surgery that week and headed to NC......

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yea he's PROBABLY not having surgery that week and headed to NC......

DANG!!! Busted!

Good luck with the surgery.

That chamber looks like a whole bunch of no fun.

The big advantage it has over an MRI tube is you can see out of it.
    .......but such a looooooong time would require some happy meds.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Yeah 9'er ... the thought of having to lay (lie? never could figure out when to use lay or lie) in that thing that many hours EVERY TWO DAYS for 6 weeks just kind'a turned me off. I didn't even ask what happens if I have to pee. I assume I can just climb out and take a pee break ... not sure. ONE thing for sure, I've had my fill of catheters and would hope they wouldn't be necessary.

I told my doc that thing would be torture and I'd go stir-crazy ... he told me I'd definitely need to bring a good book! Problem is, I'm really not a reader and don't even have the patience for THAT. I suppose I could watch tv through the glass. Prob. is, I simply pulled this pic off the net ... no clue if the one I'd be stuck in is even transparent. I wonder if I could take a laptop in there with me? Kind'a doubtful considering the high oxygen levels. I'd assume they frown on electrical devices.

To be honest, I didn't ask any questions once I heard what the therapy involved ... I immediately asked about "plan B" and didn't approach the chamber idea again. I'll keep it on the back burner for a possible therapy option in the future. It's already been 51 months of this crap ... what's a few more?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeah 9'er ... the thought of having to lay (lie? never could figure out when to use lay or lie) in that thing that many hours EVERY TWO DAYS for 6 weeks just kind'a turned me off. I didn't even ask what happens if I have to pee. I assume I can just climb out and take a pee break ... not sure. ONE thing for sure, I've had my fill of catheters and would hope they wouldn't be necessary. I told my doc that thing would be torture and I'd go stir-crazy
    Pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Pussy!

Ha ha ha! Touché!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Man. I hope for the best in this Jim. Hate to see them having to do it again. And I know you have to be tired of all of the poking and prodding that goes along with it.

Will

Lay requires an object.
    Chickens LAY eggs. Workers LAY concrete. Past tense is LAID. Chickens LAID ten eggs yesterday.
    Lie is what you do when you repose. You LIE down. You LIE on a bed. LIE is almost always what you do with your body when 'resting', that sort of thing. Past tense is LAY, which is where the problems came in. You LAY in your hospital bed that long.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

By the way, Jim...........LYING around for weeks is what caused this problem, remember?? It wasn't the surgery initially, it was LYING around!!!! Man, this bothers me...........but.......

well, hoping for the best for you.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-28-2014 at 11:35 AM.

English grammar is math with words.