We have a fishing forum. I can't catch fish, so I don't visit there often. But this is a boating/trailer question.

Without getting into some Rube Goldberg deal, I'd like to explore the option of an electric boat trailer jack. Now, I have to lower the Dutton/Lainson trailer jack down all the way in order to move the boat around manually very well, THEN when it's close to the trailer ball, raise it back up, and manhandle it over the ball, THEN lower it back down onto the ball. To get it off, reverse the process. In other words, the jack has to be at lowest setting to move the boat/trailer around the driveway easily.

My driveway runs along side my house, meaning that the carport which houses the boat is 90 degrees to driveway. Thus, I have to back in, take boat off of truck, and maneuver it manually into the carport.

I can see one of these would help:
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack.../STC-V211.html
(and sidebar: Etrailer is one of the best places to deal with that I've come across....just great....)

But to use that I'll have to move some of the stanchion and spare tire carrier stuff that's on the trailer now. It's as far forward as I can get it (thus making the manual maneuvering in driveway easier) and there's little room. Plus, that's a manual deal, just easier......

I can also find a zillion electric jacks........but they're all made for travel trailers.......I have one on mine.......and NOT for boat trailers. Because the jack is GOING to get wet every time I back into the water. Thus, the etrailer one above is ok......but not electric.

Ideally, it'd be one like this Trailer Valet, but with a way to connect it to the front of the boat and hit the wiring that runs to the 12v batteries.

Ideas? Egg, you got a big boat........any ideas?

Yo? Help? Beuller? Anyone??