Thread: Is This Part of the MBA Curricula?

Is This Part of the MBA Curricula?

I've been working on a project all week for my boss. Its actually a project to help him keep track of his projects. Riiiiiiight! So they assign this poor analyst gal to me to help (read:do the actual work) who has dedicated her professional career to helping customers. Poor girl didn't realize that this was part of helping customers. Anyway, we finished it up today and sent it on to be looked at and peed on and distributed around to other smart people. I told her to expect that some nitpicky little insignificant thing would be required to be changed first as that was the only thing MBA's had to prove to themselves that they are smarter than you. Sure enough, just like clockwork, some feedback came back on the form, not the substance mind you, the form of the thing. With the question "What if the boss's boss saw this? What is the 'so what?' of the slides?

What. Is. The. Fucking. So. What.

She took it better than I did. Seems she actually listened to me and here I let those bastards get to me. After all this time.

Its gotta be in the MBA program to do this stuff.

After a workout, a shower, and soon a glass of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey (distilled by non-union labor I'll bet ya) I am good as gold.

Happy Friday!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Neither MBA's nor Management will EVER be responsible for actually doing anything.

Ever.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

If it wasn't for three or four of the managers I worked for in my career I might be digging ditches instead of this, not that there's a damn thing wrong with digging ditches. The best ones didn't have degrees with a couple of exceptions. I'm not knocking degrees either. I'm just saying that an education puts stuff between your ears. How you use what you have there has nothing to do with education. There aren't many that understand that.

BKB

I couldn't begin to tell you how many highly educated idiots I've worked for in my lifetime.

Long, long ago I worked with a guy who was going to GA Tech working on an EE degree. He finished at the top of his class too. The problem was, he couldn't troubleshoot electronics worth a hoot. He'd spend days trying to figure out a problem with a piece of gear, then one of us "old timers" would usually steer him in the right direction. He left that little Mom&Pop shop right after he graduated....got hisself a real live engineering job.
    He's prolly designing rockets or somesuch nowadays.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I was in a technical field too. I don't know how many managers I had in 45 years. Scared to count, but a BUNCH. VERY danged few had degrees. Most were nice people but worthless on the Dowah Functionality Scale.

I have a degree. I was........well, never mind. I don't like braggarts. I sucked, ok? I was awful at what I did, and they were glad to get rid of me. I'm sure that's the truth.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I've changed over the years to be more of a servant manager. I give 'em the tools they need, training they need, coaching & guidance when asked for (and sometimes not), ask them what I can do for them, and get the hell out of their way.

Hmmmm kinda like being married.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

^i agree with that 100%.

BKB