Well, I think (??) that you probably have a more sophisticated livewell system than I do...............

The head that pumps water into the livewell is above the water level. So it doesn't matter how much air it does or doesn't pump, or bubbles, etc.

The timing of my on/off is ok...........no problem with that really, although I can't change it or set it. I would have to wire in a different switch that has variable time settings on it, in order to do that. I could I guess............but don't see the need to on the CURRENT SETUP........

It's the comment about the 'valve' that I am curious about. I don't know where such a valve would be. It's certainly not apparent to me. I honestly don't think I have one. I can't switch to 'recirculate' at all...........In fact........if I'm in boat and I drive it on the trailer, and my partner pulls the boat out of the water, and I forget to turn OFF the livewell pump, I can hear it kick on and do nothing........there's no water for it to pump in so it just hums. That makes me remember to turn it off, lest it burn up. But there's sure no way to change it to recirculate. In fact, it couldn't-------since the valve in the livewell is above the water line!

The link is there because that's in my Wish List.......for when I (if ever) get the little aluminum boat project done..........that device is going into a big cooler to make a portable livewell in that boat.