For some reason that link isn't working for me. Most of those units have a variable time on them so you can increase or decrease the amount of time the pump stays on and a switch that will allow you to change it from automatic, which is what it sounds like you have now, to a manual setting that you want it to be. The actual mechanical part is simply a water pump, and the actual air part is just added by the spray head you have on it. You can probably change out the controls on your existing unit to make it adjustable and if you're not getting enough air, you can probably switch out the spray head for one that makes more bubbles. There should be a valve on your livewell somewhere that allows you to choose whether to pump new water in or to run it as a closed system and just recirculate the same water over and over. I close that valve whenever I'm taking fish home and the aerator continues to run and keeps my fish alive until I get home. then you can just open the valve and let it drain when you get home. If your's doesn't have that, it could probably be added but I couldn't tell you how to DIY without actually seeing it. that's probably the handiest feature on my livewell. If you change out the sprayer nozzle deal look for one that's a venturi operated one. Neither one of those changes should be too much of a hill to climb for a mountain man!

Okay, got your link to work finally and I don't think you need all of that. the way I understand it is you want to just add air to your existing system. You can do that with a venturi type spray head where your current one flows 'out' into your livewell. A venturi just means that it'll have a little rubber air hose that'll go from the spray head to above the surface of the water in the livewell where it'll suck in air and mix it with the water that's flowing into your tank. that's pretty much how all the systems work. there's no reason to add a standalone air flow to your system as it's just something else that'll break. If you want to add a variable timer and man/auto switch to it, then you can easily find a faceplate and switches already premade that you simply wire the power leads from the current unit to. The only real tricky part is finding room on the surface you want to mount it as it is probably bigger than what you have.

BKB