Thread: This mornings coon hunt....

This mornings coon hunt....

I can't seem to take nice neat kill photos like Hide can do, so I just do the best I can....four red-back boars and two-silver back sows.

Baked coon, sweet taters, and collard greens....we'll be eatin' high on the coon, tonite!!!

coons.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-23-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Sounds like there'll be some shiny faces tonight, Eddie!

BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    sorry I have never been hungry enough to eat weasels
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Perfect! Keep killin' them Turkey egg eatin' Sumbitches....
    That looks like a good nights hunt. I LOVE to coon hunt

We rabbit hunted today and took 8. Had a great hunt. We ran rabbits every minute of the day. However we were in a new planted wildlife habitat I planted 3 years ago. It's about 15 acres and SO thick of broom straw and woody plant growth a rabbit could run within 3 feet of you and you could not see him...
    Fished this afternoon, 5 of us caught about 40 bream. Cleaned 24 biggun's and had a great day!
    I'm liking this weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Y'all gonna have some redneck surf and turf, Cap'n?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Details Man! Did Sandy tree them? I just sold the last of mine Friday. Buddy and I had gone out the last day and got six. We met the women on the way back from the buyer and I used the check to buy everyone's supper. Always said 'coon hunting was one of the few hobbies that paid *anything* back. I just *really* would like to have another cur - but I suppose I won't make myself justify it.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Hide, it was sort of a joint effort between Sandy and this young man's grandfather, who is a superb trapper, and my best friend....he's teaching his grandson the art of trapping, and the kid is a quick learner....of course, Sandy did her part in the woods, too, while they were trapping the ditch banks and fence rows.

We combined for four more sows, this morning....one on the far left was bob-tailed.

They actually set up to trap yotes, bobcats, and coons, but only the coons cooperated, this trip.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-23-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    That's great for the kid - and dog. Can't get over those southern 'coon. Bergmann's rule.. I believe our coon would eat your coon. Funny the difference in fur across the country. Our "Midwest" critters are big but the fur won't hold up with the "West". Sky's got the hi-dollar stuff out there. Looks like a good time was had by all.

You too Cap'n. I need a buddy with beagles, and a cur, and a bird dog, and a nice boat...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    And when you meet him, I need his wife's address...........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.