Thread: Ya' win a few & you lose a few ....

Ya' win a few & you lose a few ....

... I let one get away today and I'm bummed. (kickin' myself in the ass actually)

I was at an estate sale yesterday and a certain item caught my eye. I picked it up ... fondled it a while and put it back down. It was priced at $1.00 and for some silly reason, I just never thought to research it. To make matters worse, it was something I'm VERY familiar with ... just didn't think it was a big deal for some silly reason. (no clue why) I put it back down and moved on.

Well, I went back today for "1/2 price day" (final day of sale) and noticed it was still there and now priced at $0.50. I AGAIN picked it up, played with it, checked it out ... then laid it back down and moved on. I have NO clue why it didn't shout out at me ... "HEY DUMBASS ... I'M COOL ... GOOGLE MY ASS!!" I bought a few other items and we left.

About 10 mins ago it hit me. HEY DUMBASS ... why don't you check out that little gizmo you played around with for two days in a row and passed up for FIFTY FRIGGING CENTS??!! I got on the Bay and ... CRAP! They're bringing a minimum of $30-$35 .... most are going for $50-$70 and some have sold for as high as $90-$150 !!! It would'a cost me a whole $2-$3 to ship it.

I mean ... COME ON! This is what I do .... right! Man I suck!

Anyway, if you see one of these hangin' around and priced for peanuts ... pick it up.

doublecrescent.JPG

This one just sold less than 2-weeks ago for $156.60 (total).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CRES...p2047675.l2557

I guess it wasn't enough to bust theknuckles on one hand, they had to invent one of those sumbitches to bust the knuckles on both hands at the same time!
    BKB

It's versatile ... you only need one wrench in your tool box. One end is for a left-hander and the other is for a right-hander.

The deluxe model is SAE on one end and metric on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It's versatile ... you only need one wrench in your tool box. One end is for a left-hander and the other is for a right-hander. The deluxe model is SAE on one end and metric on the other.
    You dufe! Don't you know nothin' one end is for tightening and one end is for loosening.
    And you a bigger dufe for not buying them for 50 cent. You know I'm coming down there next weekend and I'd given you a quarter profit fer' em.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

That tool is worthless because you couldn't get cheater over the handle.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    That tool is worthless because you couldn't get cheater over the handle. BKB
    I wouldn't doubt if that wasn't the reason they did t catch on...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh my God!!! A genuine CRESCENT Left Handed Monkey Wrench.
    Dufus, I can't believe you didn't grab that thing for the novelty value alone!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner ... I agree. I really can't explain my hesitation. Nearest I can come is a "total brain fart". Sometimes I'll see something that any other day I'd have jumped all over it ... and occasionally, I'll look at that same item and there's some sort of mental wall that blocks my thinking. Normally, when I find something "odd" that I think "might" have potential, I immediately Google it. This weekend I was in a bubble and every time I looked at that thing, something inside me said, "Naaaa." It happened one other time at a sale in Atlanta. I picked up a Eastern Airlines Captain's uniform jacket and hat (the guy who had lived there was obviously a pilot at one time and had tons airlaine related stuff in the house). The hat/jacket was brand new with all emblems and insignia. In fact, the hat was still in it's original box and the coat/jacket was in a zippered cover with the mfgs. name on it. I picked them up, thought about it shortly ... and laid them back down. Some dufe behind me practically knocked me over grabbing the items the split second I let go of them. That piqued my curiosity and I Googled them. DAMN! They were worth hundreds! The price tag was $25 total and I guess I thought it was "out of my normal price range."

I'm sure this weekend won't be the last time I f-up.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Looks defective to me. The brand name writing only goes one way.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.