Thread: The Fifth Estate

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

The Fifth Estate

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...942_story.html

I am not quite believing what I'm reading about this.

Is it possible I've misunderstood what they wanted to do??????? If so, fine. But if not......man, talk about TRUE tin foil hat stuff!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    News Coverage is a Business...1/2 of Americans are ill informed...The other half watches FoxNews

FoxNews has been howling about this all week. Typical of FoxNews they forgot to mention that participation in the survey was strictly voluntary. Yeah. Voluntary. But facts don't matter any more it seems.

It must be electiuon year and the 'no spin zone' is about to levitate.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Typical of FoxNews they forgot to mention that participation in the survey was strictly voluntary. Yeah. Voluntary.
    ?????
    As opposed to the surveys that you are forced to take? Is there some survey group out there that holds guns on folks and makes them take surveys???

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well that's kind of the point. Most folks who don't like surveys just don't take them. and that's pretty much the reason that the only ones who bitched about it were Fox, The WSJ, and The Drudge Report, which really doesn't even qualify as a news agency. Oh wait, FoxNews and WSJ are both owned by the same company? Surprise!
    BKB

The US Government thinks it's a good idea to regulate the CONTENT of a news agency?

Voluntary, whatever........you think that's a good idea?? Surprise yourownself!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

The government isn't intending to regulate anything of the sort. The FCC is simply doing a survey of newrooms to determine what criteria is used to choose news stories. And the only people using that kind of language are the people who stand to gain from creating that very perception.

You are a lemming.

BKB

ME???

You da CHIEF Lemming if you buy that b/s.