Just got back from the gym and I noticed something as I was getting dressed. What I noticed was all of the things that my wife had mended.

My shirt? One of my favorite shirts. Beautiful flannel and the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. Only trouble is that they had a problem with putting on the buttons at the factory and my wife has had to redo the stitching on at least half of them before it stopped happening at every washing.

My pants? Had a pencil sized hole in the back where I had leaned up against something while in the test cells. She patched it up and you really have to look hard to see where it was.

My gym shorts? Had them so long the under armor logo has mostly worn off. Maybe 8 years old? Anyway they are perfect in every way but the stitching around the butt came unraveled and she redid it perfectly.

And there are a bunch of other things in my closet. A great woolrich chamois shirt that got a rip in the sleeve on its first wearing years ago. It sat in the back of the closet for years until she saw it and patched it up. A couple pair of jeans that she has given new life to by patching them up. An old heavyweight flannel shirt that I use when working on the autos, it ain't fit for anything else. But it had lost its stitching under the arm and she put it back in working order for me. And a bunch more.

I think I might have to give her a raise with all the money she has saved me.

Will