Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed, some more help?

That is a capital idea, Cap'n!!!

Seriously Bucky, the crossing will be there forever and require a bare minimum of upkeep.

The bridge idea, while not bad, will need to be checked annually....for safety if for no other reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    It is something I have already thought about. His brother (not too close, but not awful far away) has some heavy machinery. I was going to see if my guy would do it, if/when I get to talk to him about this whole thing. In fact, what I think I'm going to do, is email him (his wife answers all emails, he never does, she's the 'manager') and include this picture, and tell them that I have been drawing this for some guys offering me suggestions for crossing this ditch......and see if he has any ideas on A) if it should be done and if not, why not, and B) if so, how would he suggest it be done so it's long lasting? Then.........go from there.........and see if he might do it.
    Again not being mean spirited you are over complicating things....

Emailing, telling him you been talking to folks about how to do it, asking if it can be done, if not way, wanting his opinion on how to do it, getting his brother involved etc....

Stop! Listen.....

It CAN be done and still give him all the water he needs
    All you need to do is this Meet the farmer there and put a stake in the ground at the location you want to cross the ditch.
    Tell him to make it happen
    Leave....
    If and ONLY if he has any Input it will be the location where to cross not IF to cross. He may have some reason to want it differently than where you want it. That could be the only discussion to work out.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Cap's advice is the best I've seen on this entire thread....if the renter is worth a day'um, and wants to keep farming the property, he'll jump right on the project, and do it for free or little cost to you....and, he'll prolly have it finished, before you even show up to start pestering him.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    he'll prolly have it finished, before you even show up to start pestering him.
    Bucky rents the land to Jesus?

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Bucky rents the land to Jesus?

Dang you, Cap!!!....I just snorted coffee up thru my sinuses !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-01-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    Southern Gentleman