Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Put me in Coach.

https://www.lumiereplace.com/st-loui...kages/99-rate/

On the Lumiere website it says the baseball packages are coming soon. You might be able to call and get them to quote you one.
    BKB

In the ol' truck driving days, I was sent to pick up a load of beer in St. Louis. The Budweiser plant was right under the arch. What a jerk-off rent-a-cop they had at the gate. He inspected my trailer and told me I had to sweep it out (I'd ALREADY swept it). I swept it again and it wasn't good enough for him. He made me sweep that frigging trailer 3 times (on top of my original sweeping), then acted like he was doing me a favor by "letting" me pass his inspection. Then, he climbed in the trailer and told me to close the doors (sunny day). He came back out and said my trailer failed inspection because it had a leak! Huh? I climbed in and he showed me a frigging PIN-HOLE sized beam of sunlight entering the trailer by one of the o/s clearance lights! He told me I'd have to leave and get another trailer! (Where? The frigging home office in Omaha???) I climbed back in with a pallet and a roll of duct tape, leaned the pallet against the wall, climbed up and put a small piece of duct tape over the "hole". (If I'd have had any gum in my mouth, I'd have used that!) He reinspected the trailer and "allowed" me to pick up a load of frigging beer!

Every time I see that arch now, I think of that smart-assed sob.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Priceline has some 3-4 star downtown for a little over $100/night.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, gotta stay somewhere!!! Got tickets to see Jeter and the Evil Empire Wed night 05/28, and the Giants on 05/28 and 05/29. Very very odd, but found tickets on Stubhub lots cheaper than through Cardinals for same seats...........plus of course, stubhub has more availability. Two nights in the Redbird Club, for about $55.00 a ticket. It's what Mama wants to do for 44th anniversary. By then, they'll start their May/June Swoon and need my help.

Lumiere is about 8 blocks away and about $155 a night plus......I can beat that at the Drury, 1 block........or stay "out" a long way for lots less, and drive in. Still haven't decided on hotel.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Well, gotta stay somewhere!!! Got tickets to see Jeter and the Evil Empire Wed night 05/28, and the Giants on 05/28 and 05/29. Very very odd, but found tickets on Stubhub lots cheaper than through Cardinals for same seats...........plus of course, stubhub has more availability. Two nights in the Redbird Club, for about $55.00 a ticket. It's what Mama wants to do for 44th anniversary. By then, they'll start their May/June Swoon and need my help. Lumiere is about 8 blocks away and about $155 a night plus......I can beat that at the Drury, 1 block........or stay "out" a long way for lots less, and drive in. Still haven't decided on hotel.
    Find a camp ground and set up your camper? I thought that is what it was for??? Now you hotel-in' it????

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Still looking at that.

Closest one I can find is 50 miles that has full hookups.

Getting REAL disappointed in number and quality of campsites outside the south...........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I just searched for a half hour for camper sites in reasonable distance from Busch Stadium...........and there are none, or at least none that I'd stay in.......and there might be two or so private ones......at $55.00 a night!! Absurd.

I pay about $9.00 a night here in Arkansas to stay at very nice, tree lined COE campgrounds, or a bit more at nice state parks.........but outside this state, and maybe MS, AL, GA, and TN??? Not much of anything. It amazes me, and ticks me off.............

I'm not sure that any private campground could cover cost much less make a profit at what you consider a reasonable fee...

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Corps of Engineers, and most State Parks seem to think they can. At least in about 6 southern states..............

Sure built with tax dollars and no land cost and no taxes to be paid. I'd like that deal. Private means they paid for the land and pay COMMERCIAL taxes, and permits, have to pay for grading of sites, plowing in electrical lines and services, water lines and disturbs, sewer pipe lines, probably have to build a building or two with showers and such for the unimproved site renters. Not to mention upkeep and fixtures at each site and bath houses, trash service, pay salaries for employees.....
    If you built and ran one you would charge a 1000 bucks a night and complain how you were going broke... ;-)

Geez.

Well, ok. I'll try to not build one, I guess.

I was just glad to see the Corps of engineers do something worthwhile for once......

So, should I not stay at those?? Or maybe just not say anything about such things.........

Nope stay at everyone of them and enjoy what all our tax dollars have done. Glad they are there and glad folks use em' but quit your bitchin' about the Mom and Pop's campgrounds. Them folks are trying to make a honest living too. The time to find out what average camp ground fees are was before the purchase.

I've erased most of my replies. I think it's the 'honest living' that is up for discussion.