Thread: Guess I'll put on a jacket...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Guess I'll put on a jacket...

Just looked at the forecast:
    Today Snow. High near 6. Wind chill values as low as -16. Northeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Tonight Snow. Low around -23. Wind chill values as low as -44. Northeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Saturday Snow. High near -10. Wind chill values as low as -49. Northeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -21. Wind chill values as low as -42. Northeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I guess I'll not wear shorts and a tee shirt, maybe put on a jacket. Truth be told, even by Montana standards, this is getting to be a pretty cold/snowy winter. We are already over two feet above normal snow fall for the area. We still have a lot of winter to go. Might get a little wet around here in the spring when all of this melts.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Long cold winter.

Global warming.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Had a "cold front" roll through last night and it's a high of 75 today. Sunshine with high 70's/low 80's starting tomorrow through next week. I'll take it!

Now THIS is cold!

frozenjack.jpg

When the whiskey starts freezing, I'm out...

The freezing point of Jack Daniels is -16 degrees F.

I'm just sayin'. Those that tarry, lose.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Never thought of that, should have brought a bottle with me while out muzzleloader hunting a couple of months ago. It was dark and -24 when I started my 3 hour+ walk but had warmed up to -20 by the time I took this picture.

photo.JPG

Insanity must be a Yankee gene.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Posthole do you remember that one year at deer camp when the jack in your cup froze overnight? That sure was a cold year.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775