Thread: I'd like to thank me for my service...

I'd like to thank me for my service...

I never really think much about being a "vet" since I server during the cold war, was backline MI and never really "did" anything other than learn data and voice networks. I was only in for a short time.

I used VA benefits to get my first home in the late 80's and the VA financing barely helped at all. I had looked at it each time I moved around over the years but the max allowed for VA loans was never anywhere near Nova real estate pricing.

Lucia and I are fixing to buy new construction now and we're ready for the pain that comes with it in this area of the country.

Shits and grins I looked at VA options. Sonofabitch if they didn't catch up with the times! Not only is there max allowed in line with the price of our house, it'll save us a HUGE chunk on the monthly mortgage, significantly reduce down payment required and allow us to get a few more of the costly options we declined in order to keep the price down.

So I'd like to thank me for my service
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Glad to hear it worked out for you.

About time the government did something good for vets.

Thanx for the head up, Len.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org