Thread: Turkey Calls! ! !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Well Niner.. thought I was going to have to get in the truck and drive down there.. Once in awhile my stories become Thumper stories so bear with me. Ordered a Lost Hen and a packet of replacement reeds from Southland. Same day I ordered a new thumbhole stock from Boyd's for my turkey gun. Mailman comes today and bangs on the door. Got a box about half the size of a bushel basket. I thought that was a funny box to send a gunstock in but - whatever. Mailman says _ "I thought about keep this one - it says game calls." Huh? I told him it was a little turkey call the size of a walnut.. We laughed. Then I opened the box - the call and a peck of Styrofoam peanuts - no replacement reeds. Sent them an email.

About a half hour ago and I opened the call... They evidentially only sell to you pros because there's no instructions. I was literally laughing out-loud at myself trying to figure how to get a sound out of this thing. I've got backwards/forwards/upsidedown/inside out everything but up my butt. 15 minutes later, I've got a good cluck, a developing yelp, purr (but it's too loud- have to figure out how to tone it down) and a half-assed gobble. I ain't had so much fun since the hogs ate my little brother. thanks again.

also - you said you wear yours on a lanyard. I can see where that would be handy. You put a little eye screw in it or something?. Oh already got an email back from "Jason". Must be a small outfit. I had to give him my address so he could sent the reeds. Just got the order today. Oh - I kidded him about he box. He said it was all he had.

Oh yeah - got the new stock too. I can tell already I'm going to like it. I went to a scope a few years ago and I needed the extra height. I may do a little whittling on it. I've got wide hands and short fingers. It will probably end up painted anyway.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 03-12-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.